Building my first 620

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it won't fit even close. If yours is a '73 you need an F4W63 from a 510 or a '70-'72 521 truck. If your door tag says '73 it's the build date and it could be a '74 model. Sometimes the ownership reflects the year it was purchased.... anyway, measure the length. If its about 26.3" long it's an F4W63.

yea what they said, will not fit, and u stated building ur first, good luck the addiction has begun :D, this won't be ur last..welcome home, we r a great bunch here and will be willing to help out how ever we can, but please always ck the faq's first then ask, just a for warning to ya..:)

yup the truck in my avatar is indeed my truck fortunatley i saved from further disgrace. i hate to say it but some people just dont know the potential that their rides have. i bought it from a guy that wanted to chop up and scrap it.:eek: just because its a former show truck does't mean it cant be again!:D

yep had AAA tow it down the hill because the carrier bearing was toast. the guy who sold it really down played everything that was wrong with it until i got there and went though it wire by wire and bolt by bolt. don't get me wrong he did an excellent job rebuilding the motor but body mods, suspension and wiring were certainly not his strongest suits.

Edited by intense 620
yep had AAA tow it down the hill because the carrier bearing was toast. the guy who sold it really down played everything that was wrong with it until i got there and went though it wire by wire and bolt by bolt. don't get me wrong he did an excellent job rebuilding the motor but body mods, suspension and wiring were certainly not his strongest suits.

Bet that pissed him off, A chick shows up and starts telling him what's wrong with his truck :lol:

Datrod- i hope i didn't piss him off... i think he was just more surprised that i knew as much i did, i grew up with a mechanic for a dad and took 4 years of auto just to escape from the rest of high school plus two years of ROP auto maintenance and repair... but thats not something i tell people i'm about to buy a truck from:cool:

PCD- i'll get some supension pics up as soon as i can. the truck is four linked and bagged with a decent c-notch:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mar12_011.jpg

here's the four link and the rear bags

Mar12_001.jpg

tanks and compressors

Mar12_002.jpg

now i know what the hideous carpet was hiding

Mar12_004.jpg

it may be ugly but she purrrs and yes that is my intake (i bought it that way!)

Mar12_005.jpg

Mar12_006.jpg

there's the hack job they called a suicide door

Mar12_007.jpg

Nice A$$

Mar12_008.jpg

Mar12_009.jpg

17 in' Boyd Coddington wheels

Mar12_010.jpg

Mar12_012.jpg

all laid out on her frame

I'm so proud of me... if i could work a computer like i can work on my vehicles i'd make millions!

i hate the paint job i'm going flat black with the old skool pinstripping and a skull and cross bones. plus i already have a door lined up and a 5 speed tranny finally but until cfmotorsports makes room for me i have no one to do my welding:( i'm also fabricating custom window cranks out of 12mm sockets and 3/8 in ratchetts:cool: i love my wheels i had to talk my husband out of them but then he got chrome escalades so it worked out ok