• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yRWMWeD.jpg

Et31PLV.jpg

MrR462C.jpg

b4boUZY.jpg

I'm running one now. Works quite well. Very narrow though, but 3 core vs the 2 core.

The old rad is out of a 210 with A/C and is much larger than stock. The "hole" is a cut out panel I removed. The radiator is actually a 1200 rad and other than the holes being off a 1/4 inch on one side pretty much bolted in. If the car was a stock 1974 B210 it would have be a very good fit.

The original stock radiator is basically undersized for the hole that it mounts to and does not come with a shroud. Overall a very weird and suboptimal setup. This bolted into the original holes for the most part. 

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

There was a larger aluminum one from China on ebay that looked more like a 210 radiator but they refuse to respond to any questions about size or anything and I can't find it anymore. I honestly don't understand why these 1200 sized tiny radiators are  everywhere but none in 210 or b210 size since the 210 radiator will fit in any of all 3 cars and cools way better! Someone NEEDS to make an aluminum 210/B310 radiator!

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to by one of these for my race coupe. I've been using a Sentra one but the issue is the airflow through the core support isn't great. The other thing is the good old plastic cooling 4 blade fan does a great job, it's light and always work. There really isn't a need for an electric fan. 

afracer, the reason why they do the 1200 radiators is that Sunny 1200s are way more popular to modify than the B210/120Y.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update now that I've got a 1000 miles or so on the radiator in a few different temperatures and with a long drive to Madras in the heat for several hours.

These radiators seem to work very well. I'm running NO shroud and a 7 blade fan with the viscous clutch and it never gets even barely hot even beating on it.

If anything I may have to block it off slightly during the winter as the engine struggles to get up to temperature. 

• Like 1

That is how my B310 runs if it's anything under a 90 degree heat index outside; struggles to hit normal op temp. But if it's above 90 on the freeway with AC going it'll heat up a bit higher than I like. This is with clutch fan, shroud, 12" electric fan on condenser, and  stock radiator. Here in Arkansas it's routinely 110+ heat index in summer every day. Next year I'll probably get a custom aluminum one made.

Edited by afracer
  • 1 year later...