captain720

Parts truck build/One wasn't enough

Are you home yet? 

Yes! I made it back late Friday and stopped at the Grand canyon! Sorry for not updating been super busy. We have to now fix all the cars that were broken right before I left.

• Like 1

I am happy to here you are home and safe.

Get busy fixing those broken vehicles so you can get to the important stuff, your 720s.  LOL

• Like 1

It physically pains me to post this update..........

I was just starting to make progress on getting some 720s together (new rear leafs for the 4wd and work on white truck) when an absolutely deplorable thing happened. Me and my daily blue 720 were involved in a 4 car smash up cause by one person who ran away. So now I have no daily, my orange 4wd is out and my white truck currently being built while now this blue 2wd (the daily) is totally gone.

Obligatory oics

IMG_20180710_135745383_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180710_135738486_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180710_135735686_HDR.jpg

If it was a 510 someone would want to save it still, but it was a rotted old 720 that no one but me cared about. So unless someone has a better idea it will be striped for parts and the frame crushed while I ride my bicycle around putting together the white truck..........

Edit-no injuries

Edited by captain720
  • Like 2

Trucks are replaceable (720's especially), but you are not. Glad you are okay

• Like 3

Dang.... that sucks bad. I take it the frame is bent then?

On to the next one I guess.

• Like 3

I haven't checked to see if the frame was bent. I ended up in a pile up due to a very uniteligent driver 4 cars in front of me. (Big car accidents are really rare in this town) but it was really rusted out so I probably won't even bother checking for a bent frame. Only going about 25 and the nose ended up going under a Honda pilots rear end.

• Like 2

Organ donor, lots of good parts.

• Like 2

Happy no one was hurt.  It sucks but do not surmise the frame is bent.  It looks like you hit a vehicle high enough to miss the frame.  Now go buy a 521 call Wayno and have you a driving 521 by Monday morning.  Problem solved.  LOL

I have the 85 ST cab that needs a radiator support that if you were here I would give you.  You could throw this cab on your frame with your bed some wite fenders and hood and you would have a patirotic red white and blue truck.  LOL

Looks cosmetic. The bumper is bolted to the frame and it's barely touched. Hood, left fender, left inner fender, rad and rad support, valance, grill, clutch fan, hi/lo beam and left side marker light.

• Like 1

Attachment is the source of all pain.

ergo - life is too short to get hung up on a vehicle that would take more to repair than it's worth (not judging, just using your own assessment).

A few years ago, I was moving my '58 Chevy fleetside short bed truck into the shop when the tire chock moved, allowing the truck to roll down a hill into a tree, smashing the driver side fender and pushing it into the door. The body panels were near perfect before that and it hurt me so much to see the damage, that I couldn't look at it anymore. I sold it the next day. (Got good money for it too)

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 3

If it is rusy keep the good parts and if you have room keep the complete chassis.  These make great swaps for earlier trucks.  Wayno might want to buy it if hes is building another truck.

• Like 2