VG30 Parts truck build

captain720

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ย The E4N71B is a slightly heavy duty up grade of the L4N71B. Outwardly they look the same and are used on VG powered S12 200sx and the early D21 Hardbody through '89. You may be thinking of the RE4RO1A used in the '89-'94 240sx and the Hardbody from '90 on.. These had electronics to tweak the shift points.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

What is the weight difference in the VG auto and the Z24 5 speed?

ย 

I like your honesty!

Thanks!

The VG Auto is noticable heavier when picking it up. But I can easily "deadlift" either one and set it in my pickup as for exact numbers I couldn't say

• Like 1

The VG I have is basically taking over a failed pipe dream project from another guy which is kinda good because it means things like the actual engine itself is in great shape and it was free. The downside is some very weird things were done to it. A pulley was welded to the main crankshaft pulley as he was dreaming of a supercharger, it doesn't appear to be balanced at all and for some reason the guy put bolts in them and welded the two pulleys together. No pics but shot some video just thought it was weird enough to mention.

ย 

Off to the wrecking yards for parts with me lol

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Ok no progress's has been made on this for far too long, got a new cylinder for the engine hoist, new engine mounts ordered for a bog standard z24 and 5 speed to go in with a Weber and a Doug Thorley with a gently used stage 2 clutch. Back to the original plan, tired of this truck just sitting in the corner of my shop never getting worked on

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My rental agreement for my house/shop spontaneously ended and everything except some select items is for sale including the truck so unfortunately the build is over and maybe the dream can return someday but my entire 720 parts collection besides some stuff (especially the things from you Charlie that I have a couple things I am still working on installing) is for sale at basically yard sale prices. I will post in classifieds do not worry I just wanted to put an update in the thread. Good Bye truck, I hope it goes to someone who cares.

IMG_0011.HEIC

7 hours ago, captain720 said:

My rental agreement for my house/shop spontaneously ended and everything except some select items is for sale including the truck so unfortunately the build is over and maybe the dream can return someday but my entire 720 parts collection besides some stuff (especially the things from you Charlie that I have a couple things I am still working on installing) is for sale at basically yard sale prices. I will post in classifieds do not worry I just wanted to put an update in the thread. Good Bye truck, I hope it goes to someone who cares.

IMG_0011.HEIC 1.83 MBย ยทย 5 downloads

ย 

Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”. Same thing happened to me last year