New record for a stock '71 510 2-door on BAT

$32,000 for a granny-spec dime. Yes it is the one that sold on Ebay for 18k little while back. Wow.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-510-4/

So this makes two 510s I know of that have gone over 30K this year. (Other was modded and hit closer to 45K i think.)

IMG_7378-e1469041831330-940x541.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but I bet he was happy to get the 15k on ebay or whatever it was... before he saw this.

Reading the comments on BAT (Which are pretty damn interesting. Loads of euro car guys are not too happy, lol!! "That much, for a f'n Datsun when you could but X,Y,Z!!!") the guy who just sold it again is a 510 guy and has a modded dime. Says he bought this without clearing it with the wife on ebay... and well she wasn't too happy, so it had to go.

Bet she is happy now, and probably won't get as upset next time he drags a Datsun home, lol!

• Like 1

Great news - IF you're selling,but bad if you're buying.

The sad part is that a lot of hard core 510 people will go for the money.

I liked it when they were affordable - people bought them 

because they liked them.

• Like 2

Cars come,  cars go,,, i paid for a whole new roof for my house with a  $1100. car ,  A++ will trade again.

Great news - IF you're selling,but bad if you're buying.

The sad part is that a lot of hard core 510 people will go for the money.

I liked it when they were affordable - people bought them 

because they liked them.

A Datsun with get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no Datto. It's nice and all but I would rather have it, more than what it brings.

Indeed, maybe by the time I finish my 73, it might actually help pay my daughters way through school. Which would be fine, so long as I have another beater 510 to drive around after it is gone.

there is an ass for every seat and sometimes more money than we expect 

the 510 is getting more valuable every day and when a clean one unmolested like this hits the sales page sometimes it is just great timing and sometimes it is the guy who says I have been searching for years and well I had the money and wanted it