Troy's Blubird Video

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect him as a driver.........

......with that said..........

They must have edited out the part about his horrendous customer service skills and the berating of customers online. 

Troy's a good guy.

Imagine for a minute that you had an epic stash of Datsun parts and an impressive list of customers. Throw into the daily mix all the work to be done and the phone ringing off the hook. I would let the phone ring and focus on building.

Oh wait, I just described my daily routine. Maybe that's why I can relate. Sometimes the customer just has to wait.

The berating is something I have not experienced with Troy. I will admit he doesn't have much of a filter, but that makes him fun to be around.

• Like 2

I know a lot of people that have dealt with him.....

.....he knows his shit.....

..........he's a solid driver......

He would be much more successful if he had someone else dealing with people.......

......but maybe he doesn't want that.....

.....that's all I'm gonna say......

.........for now :sneaky:

:rofl:

• Like 3

I really don't see the appeal of the bluebird over a "regular" 510 BUT i love the fact it still has a ripping 1600 with huge carbs.. :wub:

The roofline is really sexy on a Bluebird coupe. And the chrome quarter window frames give it a light and airy look.

I think the desire to own comes from the rarity. My dad taught me at a young age "just because it's rare, doesn't mean it's valuable". That certainly does not apply here. I tried to trade my 510 race car (which was well sorted and top of the line) to a guy back in the 90's for his rusted coupe and he wouldn't do it. I thought he was crazy not to want the trade. He probably made the right decision in the long run.

• Like 1

Agreed, I've talked to him couple times about purchasing suspension components several years ago....and THAT was the last time I spoke to him....

If you don't have people skills, stick to building and hire someone who has said skills, it's only good business to do so!!!

I am not trying to sway you but to look at a different way,,,,,,, 53 corvettes are very rare and beyond valuable but i will still like the much cheaper,,  and by corvette standards plentiful,,  68-69 better.

L16s FOREVER!!

:D

• Like 3

I think i have good people skills, but I can't afford to hire someone to answer the phone. Plus, the people who call invariably want to talk to "the man" so how do you handle that? While working for Rebello, every time the phone rang the person wanted to talk to Dave. See my point?

I tell my customers that I can either spend time on the phone with them or I can be working on their project. You can't bill for phone time unless you're a lawyer.

I am not trying to sway you but to look at a different way,,,,,,, 53 corvettes are very rare and beyond valuable but i will still like the much cheaper,,  and by corvette standards plentiful,,  68-69 better.

I am a '67 Vette guy myself. Or maybe '63 split. But then the '62 has always been a favorite. How about the '89 ZR1? Or a '68 L88... Hmmmmm....

• Like 1

I sold him the Jilba's that the car is rolling on. When I opened the box from Japan they were twice as nice as I thought they were going to be. He decided to leave them with the 20-year-old + patina. I think they look awesome on the car if I do say so myself!!!

• Like 1

I know its not maaco....

Troy probably has a guy. I know the same guy did all the Bob Sharp cars... because I know the guy that pays Troy to build them lol (that mango IMSA Z is also his). 

I've done a lot of business with Troy, as has my dad. He's very, very performance and track oriented. He loves to build race cars and drive them, that's his passion, and what he built his business off of. Most of us are going to him with non race car builds, so I just consider myself lucky when I can get in on his schedule. 

The real dollars and cents in the race car business don't come from us Ratsun types anyways hahaha. 

• Like 4

Troy probably has a guy. I know the same guy did all the Bob Sharp cars... because I know the guy that pays Troy to build them lol (that mango IMSA Z is also his). 

I've done a lot of business with Troy, as has my dad. He's very, very performance and track oriented. He loves to build race cars and drive them, that's his passion, and what he built his business off of. Most of us are going to him with non race car builds, so I just consider myself lucky when I can get in on his schedule. 

The real dollars and cents in the race car business don't come from us Ratsun types anyways hahaha

I strongly agree :D

• Like 4