need answers.....

PAB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first off im not going to tell you to use the search button, second im going to ask some questions..

are you going Turbo or N/A ? i Reccomend you go N/A, its easier.. an you dont need a shit load of HP in your truck.. trust me..

heres a fucking sweet deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__JDM-NISSAN-S14-SILVIA-SR20DE-Engine_W0QQitemZ170265467365QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

never seen one that cheap before..

make SURE you dont get a FWD SR20 cause its too much of a pain in the ass to try to install in a RWD truck.. also make sure it comes with tranny. the truck will Run fine with a new jdm motor, you just need to make sure everythings wired correct and mechanicly sound.. give the engine a tune up, make sure its mounted securely.. im sure a custom drive shaft will be needed, im sure you can get one made cheap.. also a custom tranny cross member is needed an some custom motor mounts ect..

ok now your turn

since he said he wanted to do an SR swap id imagine its gonna be a turbo one, If they are front sump like the KA's id imagine he would run into some issues, I know they made non turbo variants (if memory serves me) however I think they were in fwd platforms. Do you have 3000 after purchasing the motor and trans? If you still need to purchase the motor and trans your going to be cutting it close, and you might have to do some extra work to get the SR to fit, good luck in whatever you decide

look at the ebay link i posted.. its a NA SR, i know all about sr's mang.. ya its front sump, i believe one of the 521 sr20det guys made a custom steering link thing to make it clear (or maybe he did a dry sump thing??) i maybe confusing 2 different trucks, anyways.. honestly puttin a turbo sr in a tiny truck is kind of a waste.. ya straight lines will be real fast.. an tons of burn outs.. but the second you try to race around a corner its over.. thats why i suggested the NA SR cause its not really OVER doing it, it will save him alot of money, he will have a blast smokin honda's an v8s an shit, it will be simple and most important RELIABLE!! on the other hand he could save even more money time and effort by putting a ka24 in, hell he could even turbo that an have left over cash..

look at the ebay link i posted.. its a NA SR, i know all about sr's mang.. ya its front sump, i believe one of the 521 sr20det guys made a custom steering link thing to make it clear (or maybe he did a dry sump thing??) i maybe confusing 2 different trucks, anyways.. honestly puttin a turbo sr in a tiny truck is kind of a waste.. ya straight lines will be real fast.. an tons of burn outs.. but the second you try to race around a corner its over.. thats why i suggested the NA SR cause its not really OVER doing it, it will save him alot of money, he will have a blast smokin honda's an v8s an shit, it will be simple and most important RELIABLE!! on the other hand he could save even more money time and effort by putting a ka24 in, hell he could even turbo that an have left over cash..

I read the editted post, and I agree with the KA, however I didnt want to sway him, I wanted the person with the project to decide, and thus my comment. I really do agree doing a KA would be cheaper, easier, and would probably be exactly what he was looking for, but If he was set on a SR i just wanted to let him know the the issues that could arise.

If you go turbo, you'll have to do something with your steering column as well.

If that $3000 is before the motor purchase...will you be doing the fab work? Custom installs are not cheap when your payin someone to do it.

I've thought about the at as well. Both turbo and NA, my budget was more like 5g, and I decided that it was out of reach... I can fabricate and do my own welding but don't have a very good welder right now. The easier install is the ka, throw I a top mount turbo and your good.

Btw, I haul ass around corners in my 620 with no problems, 4 link the rear, coilover all around, swaybars, and a little weight in the back and it would do really well on corners... Hell with the sr or ka-t and suspension, etc., tear up some track days...

To each his own though, would be fun blow the doors off the average sports car, but I think I'd like to throw sparks.

Btw, I haul ass around corners in my 620 with no problems, 4 link the rear, coilover all around, swaybars, and a little weight in the back and it would do really well on corners...

yea im sure your 620 does haul ass around corners but look what you have done to it, you got alot of money, work, an time into your truck, most people are going to want to slam a turbo motor in an call it good.. i can haul ass around corners with my truck, get it side ways an shit.. well not in the rain haha.. but not like i could in s13 or something like that these are fun little trucks, and i've seen sr20det's fit in 521's without hittin the steering colum theres a thread on here, infact i think a couple? my trucks quick, an i like it the way it is, and thats just me, my car is fast.. too bad its wrong wheel drive :(

yea im sure your 620 does haul ass around corners but look what you have done to it, you got alot of money, work, an time into your truck, most people are going to want to slam a turbo motor in an call it good.. i can haul ass around corners with my truck, get it side ways an shit.. well not in the rain haha.. but not like i could in s13 or something like that these are fun little trucks, and i've seen sr20det's fit in 521's without hittin the steering colum theres a thread on here, infact i think a couple? my trucks quick, an i like it the way it is, and thats just me, my car is fast.. too bad its wrong wheel drive :(

LOL, sorry for the confusion, I don't have all that, was saying that it hauls ass around corners now, but WITH all that it would fucking rail as hard or harder than a s13

oh you sly dog you, what engine?

ya my truck is pretty light on her toes, she'll side step around a corner an come back straight nicely.. not full blown drifts but power slides for sure.. i love it an i think it'd be alot nicer with a lsd, 3 times i've done a 180 in my truck in the rain.. onces bein stupid, the second time bein stupid except it would have been ok but i was goin under a bridge an went from wet to dry and ya.. and the 3rd time was on purpose showin my friend what not to do haha

l20... nothin special, theres a set of curves on a particular piece of highway I used to rip down in some of my "sport compacts" (ae86 w/20v, 240sx's, civics, etc) I go as fast through those curves in my truck as I did in any of those cars and even faster than some... its not the power really, just "feels" safe enough, but then again I might be pushing it. the yellow sign say 30... but its more fun at 75 :fu:

I want six hundred horsepower because I have unlimited funds and don't care how much gas it'll burn and how many tires I shred since it'll be impossible to hook that much hp to the pavement in a friggin' mini-truck and...

first off I'm not going to tell you to use the search button...

Okay, I will.......

USE THE SEARCH :fu:

I want six hundred horsepower because I have unlimited funds and don't care how much gas it'll burn and how many tires I shred since it'll be impossible to hook that much hp to the pavement in a friggin' mini-truck and...

Okay, I will.......

USE THE SEARCH :fu:

hey i was drunk, and in a good mood.. lol

l20... nothin special, theres a set of curves on a particular piece of highway I used to rip down in some of my "sport compacts" (ae86 w/20v, 240sx's, civics, etc) I go as fast through those curves in my truck as I did in any of those cars and even faster than some... its not the power really, just "feels" safe enough, but then again I might be pushing it. the yellow sign say 30... but its more fun at 75 :fu:

i hear ya there, i got these big ass kumoh's an they hug the road pretty nicely when its dry, i took my brothers friend to the part store to get parts and he actually commented on how well the truck hugs the corners while gettin on it

i took my brothers friend to the part store to get parts and he actually commented on how well the truck hugs the corners while gettin on it

...and the Number 1 reason I got back into 620 is...ding, ding, ding, we have a winner :D

...of course I had to take it all apart to make it better, with all those things zumm510 mentioned. :)