How to use forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you click the follow this topic button right below the 510 picture at the top right of your screen.. you'll get an email everytime someone responds to your post. It will have links to the thread as well. Good luck!

I have been unable to find comprehensive information on how to use this site. I think I was successful in posting a question about buying an engine that could fit in a 1973 610. I do not know if my question was actually posted.

Here is your engine thread. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66309-stock-engine-to-fit-a-610/?do=findComment&comment=1245952

I could not find forum structure information in FAQ.

I have successfully used software forums many times, but I am having a difficult time understanding the structure of Ratsun forums. Some posts are ranked by newest on top, but then there are posts dated years earlier and some of these do not appear to be in chronological order. Sometimes it seems the posting dates are not in order. Then there are entries, with a dot in front, that seem to bare no relation to the topic. There must be a structure to the forums and I would like to know how to navigate the forums. Unfortunately, I am not sure of how I go back into Ratsun forums in a few days to check if anyone has replied to this post. Could there be a topic/tab: "How to use and navigate Ratsun Forums"?

Just saw this other thread. 

Threads are ranked by the newest post in the thread. 

The dot signifies that you have not posted in the thread. If you post in a thread there will be a star there instead of  a dot. 

If you click on your username at the top right corner of the page you can access your control panel. From here you can look at all your content, forum posts and classified ads as well as private messages. 

The easiest way to keep track of your posts is to remember which subforum they are in and maybe a keyword to search for within that subforum.  

Bananahamhock used the user name and topics way to come up with the link with all of your topics. 

Have you all been trolled?

Possibly, but there are some people that don't get certain things right away and I like to try and help out before throwing out the troll label.

Lot's of different forum software out there and a million ways to do the same function.   :)

Many thanks to the many Ratsun members that wrote to me with instructions and topic links!

As soon as I can I will try that tip from dig about the Marvel Mystery oil. (In reply to my engine query)

It is quite ironic that I have had difficulty with understanding your forum functionality. I used to (for a bit over five years) work for an international software company. The structure of their forums for development and beta testing are etched in my brain. This forum uses different terms than we did. It is quite interesting to use a completely different forum structure. In my last year I was ranked as one of the best beta testers, in their words, "..The list of the top ten beta testers, in no particular order, are....X.." And there was my name along with nine others. I guess that that was my highlight of my professional life. Their software was a lot more fun than the CPM coding (pre-MS-DOS) I first used. Yeh, I am that old.

But I still have a few forum questions. What is meant by the following?

"...all are threads..."

Active post  (as opposed to?)

"...PM him a link to it..."

Troll Label. Are people labelled as Trolls? If I am labelled as a troll, I have to laugh. You see my wife (a Norske) is a quite beautiful Viking princess!

I thank everyone for their patience.

A little difficult not knowing the exact context, but I'll give it a shot. 

But I still have a few forum questions. What is meant by the following?

"...all are threads..."

This thread is one you started with your first post. A thread is just a bunch of posts under a stated topic.  

Active post  (as opposed to?)

Inactive posts or threads have been around a while and nobody is posting or responding to posts in the thread. These will just fall to the back of the forum as new threads are started and posts are made within them.

"...PM him a link to it..."

PM is a Private Message. In the user control panel, that you access by clicking your name up in the right corner, there is a message system you can use to talk to members offline, sorta like email. It was suggested someone send you the link via this system. 

Troll Label. Are people labelled as Trolls? If I am labelled as a troll, I have to laugh. You see my wife (a Norske) is a quite beautiful Viking princess!

People are labeled as trolls, some are fuzzy, funny and fun to have around, others are just try to cause havoc and offend as many people as possible. There is a thin line there though :lol: 

I'm sure someone is going to ask (light troll, if you will) for pics of the princess. 

I thank everyone for their patience.

I do think some pictures of your 610 are in order now that your getting the hang of things.    :)

• Like 1

How do you add a photo to a typed reply? Like this one. Can you only add a photo if it has a URL address? What about my own .jpg photo of the real Vik princess? If I upload a photo, does that mean the whole world has a right to use it? Is there any way to show a photo that protects the image?