Look what I saw today!

kiznook

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was excited when I heard they were releasing a skyline in America. I am just not a fan of this car. I was at first, but the r34 is still imo a better car. All you have to do with this new r35 is flip a couple switches and mash your foot on the gas wow difficult. I think the paddled tranny's in cars these days are cool, but I still prefer manuals. I have driven a cls63 with a paddled tranny and it would have been much more fun to drive it standard. On a side note the last time I was at a nissan dealer in my primered 620 I asked a sales guy if I could test drive one. He chuckled and said "I better have the paper work in hand" to which I replied no thanks prefer the r34. Like I could afford either, but then again only true ballers roll around in primer cars lmao.

whats kind of crappy about the new skyline isn't so much the car but how they are selling it. From what I heard from a person working at nissan. Only certain dealerships can even sell the car. they have to be "qualified" to service and sell the car.

So unless you live in a very large city you will likely never see one on your local dealer's lot. :mad:

overall a decent looking car. Wonder if the price will ever drop down in to normal people prices? :D

I think MSRP is around 78k .... so, $20,000 markup?

I think they perform well. They are on a whole new level. a Supercar, so the paddle shifter keeps your hands on the wheel.

If you want the good old manual then get a Z and put twin turbos on it :D

I do like the feel of a manual gear shifter too

Only certain dealerships can even sell the car.

its actually been that same way in Japan for years so we are not alone. im not sure if it still is but for years you could only buy one at a Prince/Nissan dealership. the marketing end of the skyline is still controled by Prince.

i really do like the car. sure, there are a lot of things that i dont like about it but its just following the technology "trend" of most of the other sports cars in its class.

i personally dont like them im glad they brought the skyline stateside but i would have been a much happier person if they had done it a generation before now the r34 sticks to the skyline hearitage of a straight 6 whereas this one is a v6 that and that front end just aint doing it for me

ya i dont care what anyone says, those cars are fucking sick!!! its a skyline.. ya it doesnt look like the old ones.. but they couldnt keep doin that body style forever ya know.. an ya its paddle shifted.. but this cars so busy you really wanna keep your hands ON the wheel.. it may have a bunch of useless crap.. but its pretty user friendly from what i can see.. an you really dont even need to upgrade the car.. you can.. but you dont need to..

We went down to the Tall Ships thang in Tacoma (July?). Checking out stuff, walk through a building....and there's the new GT-R and Altima! :eek: Even the salesman was surprised as he said it just "showed up" from California.

Looks a whole lot better in person than in pics.

They have to be "qualified" because of the under carriage. The dealer in town had to add special lifts just for the GTR.

yeah I heard about those. My local nissan has that special lift (they share the shop with a BMW dealership) but even with that it still comes down to do you sell enough to make selling something like a GT-R realistic?

Also I dunno if its true or not but I don't think you can even have your GT-R repaired at a non-qualified dealership? If that were true that would suck for any sort of traveling :blink:

• 5 weeks later...