• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Over my head then...

maybe I'm reading it wrong, but to me its someone saying that white priveledge doesn't apply to them because they ride a bicycle that puts their life at risk

What I got out of the part I read before being disgusted was dude is a white guilt suffering pussy. People are born the color they are born, no use apologizing for it. Dude's missing the point, his argument has nothing to do with race or color but everything to do with wealth. There are plenty of rich black folks that have far more privileges than poor white folks

I'm sure riding a bike in urban rush hour traffic is really HARD  :crying: , writing a 2 page blog about it and making a broad comparison to racial issues only proves your privedge

Re read that tarticle, now I know I'm right.

yo, build thread?????

insoniacs, was originally a build thread for Loatsus Stupidi's 620,,,,,right?

I see a fatal direction for this thread unless a vehicle is put forth and possibly donated to some cause our boy Laotsu might of believed in,,,,,,

just saying

What I got out of the part I read before being disgusted was dude is a white guilt suffering pussy. People are born the color they are born, no use apologizing for it. Dude's missing the point, his argument has nothing to do with race or color but everything to do with wealth. There are plenty of rich black folks that have far more privileges than poor white folks

I'm sure riding a bike in urban rush hour traffic is really HARD  :crying: , writing a 2 page blog about it and making a broad comparison to racial issues only proves your privedge

It's an analogy. 

a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē/
noun
noun: analogy; plural noun: analogies
a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
"an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
  • a correspondence or partial similarity.

• a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects.

Roads (society) are made/intended primarily for cars (whites) although a bike (blacks) can use it and are legally entitled to use it by law. (bikes are vehicles too)

I bike a minimum of 2,000 miles a year so I understand being at a disadvantage sharing the road with traffic. I also drive probably 3 times that. In this respect I can see both sides. Now what about those who never bike, ever.... just drive their Prius or w/e in a hurry to get everywhere and don't even see me. Those are the ones that don't reduce their speed, don't move over even a foot to pass me... those who if asked about their ride in would say they didn't even see a guy riding to work.  That would be white privilege.

Yes white people can also ride bikes just as blacks can drive cars, but this isn't what this analogy is about. It's about bikes and cars being lawfully and equally allowed to use the road....  the reality is that they are not. 

• Like 2