My old 521

BEEBANI

Jeff, the frame is lookin good. Who are the people in the pics, we need to b able to put names to the faces..:D Cheeks, you CAN bag the front without having to notch the frame. Run either a Conitech & Slam bag up front. Jason [beebani] actually has done this mod [front frame notch] & it came out awesome!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so going to tell her beach. Your going to get your ass kick. I will get some photos of that :D

Jason was working me hard, I grinded so long I broke one of the grinders. Smoke was coming out of it. :( that's how manly I am. :)

If I were to make her mad......could I get a spanking?!!! :)

As for the frame.....as long as you're at it...mod the lower control arm for a ball joint and do some new uppers.....get rid of the kingpins. That's my vote :)

I will ask her for you Mike. :D

As for the kingpins, It would be cool to do but at the moment we have so many thing to do just to get the truck back on the road, I don't even want to think of disk brakes. Well at least at this point, plus the kingpins where redone right before it was parked. Me and my bro already have a over a grand in it and its just the frame... So long cheap project :D

I will ask her for you Mike. :D

I'm sure she'll say yes! Seein' as I'm dead sexy and all!! hhhmm....wait...maybe that's sexy dead.....

Kingpins work fine and if they've just been redone...probably a good choice to wait on the balljoints.

As for the question on the donor vehicle....best to go do a search on nwde.org for "disc" and catch up on the Discs on a kingpin thread.

Sorry cheeks didn't me to miss your question buddy. Like 71-521 there is no bolt on swap... but us datto guys don't like bolt on upgrades anyways. :D well most of the truck dudes don't have bags so the swap the ball joint setup off a disk brake 620, this will also allow you to use the hardbody spindles. I think the 78-98 spindles are the same. I might be + or - a few years, we should start a disk break thread. O for us air bag guys the datto suspension doesn't get that much lift from what the rest of the crew says. I personaly don't know. Almost forgot that the master and brake lines will need ugrading to. 521 have super old school braking systems. I know what you are thinking, me to man, I want to focus on the boddy drop not converting to disks and a dual master. Anyways I hope that help. If not ding ding..

no it helped bro thanks, I have been looking at the front suspension and the room to work I might try to do some canti style suspension front and rear but who know's.I know the biggest wheel I am going to run is a 16 so clearance really isnt to much of an issue.

I'm sure she'll say yes! Seein' as I'm dead sexy and all!! hhhmm....wait...maybe that's sexy dead.....

Kingpins work fine and if they've just been redone...probably a good choice to wait on the balljoints.

As for the question on the donor vehicle....best to go do a search on nwde.org for "disc" and catch up on the Discs on a kingpin thread.

If the lower and upper arms were longer kingpins would actually be a much better answer for the airbag guys. Its nice to no have to worry about ball joints binding up!

If you run into problems you can always get a ball joint remer and run a power performance s10 ball joint (highest movement out of any standard balljoint), or run uni balls. I really dont think your going to be running a huge wheel and tire on a datsun so i wouldnt imagine your going to run into problems. Ive only maxed balljoints or uniballs with wheels over 22", which is way to big for a datsun.

Sorry cheeks didn't me to miss your question buddy. Like 71-521 there is no bolt on swap... but us datto guys don't like bolt on upgrades anyways. :D well most of the truck dudes don't have bags so the swap the ball joint setup off a disk brake 620, this will also allow you to use the hardbody spindles. I think the 78-98 spindles are the same. I might be + or - a few years, we should start a disk break thread. O for us air bag guys the datto suspension doesn't get that much lift from what the rest of the crew says. I personaly don't know. Almost forgot that the master and brake lines will need ugrading to. 521 have super old school braking systems. I know what you are thinking, me to man, I want to focus on the boddy drop not converting to disks and a dual master. Anyways I hope that help. If not ding ding..

i would be very interested in this info. i would really like to make my 521 like a track truck, they are so light and i love the looks, until i find a 510, my 521 will have to due, unless someone wants to trade.

I agree Airedout, the kingpins will provide a greater angle without binding. I was more saying that the stuby arms will not give the lift that some dudes want. ... From what you guys say :) I agree though. I know what you mean about ball joints binding. Some s13 guys have to bend there arms when the lower there cars a lot. That is why I stuck with s12 suspension that way I can run a bump steer spacer.

Don't worry smokey, you just need to get one 510, after that they start to multiply.