My old 521

BEEBANI

Thought I'd start a thread about my 521 project that never got finished. Just thought it might give someone some ideas, and give you guys a chance to see what might have been.

RTFRNT.jpg

RTREAR.jpg

MOTOR.jpg

LFTFRNT.jpg

LFTFENDER.jpg

FRNT.jpg

bedlss-02.jpg

MVC-012F.jpg

MVC-013F.jpg

MVC-014F.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

MVC-006F.jpg

That's how she started, I made the mistake of thinking too big too fast; I cut all wires and lines to get them out of my way, I torched rubber bed and cab mount bushings, and just made a mess of things. I had planned on replacing everything new........easier said than done on a limited budget!:(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MVC-012F-1.jpg

MVC-013F-1.jpg

bagmntd.jpg

bagmntd-02.jpg

frntbrkts.jpg

frntend-02.jpg

frntend-03.jpg

frntend-04.jpg

frntxmmbr.jpg

frntend-01.jpg

layinframe6-04.jpg

Well, there she is in all her glory! All I have left is the frame, engine, and front suspension. The major hurdle I made for myself was removing the steering box and all components with a torch. I had planned on adding a manual rack, but was kind of hard to find one that would fit. After stalling out on the frame build-up because of this, my 620 came along and the rest is history.:)

I've been there to buddy. I had a sr and all in my 68 now its a bare shell :(

I don't think I've seen your welder ever. I thought for sure I would of seen it for sure by now. What is it? Your welds are super nice :)

Which one? We have a tig welder, a mig welder with a boom, a mig welder with a boom that has 2 different wire feeds and guns on it, 2 welders dedicated to .030, a welder that's dedicated to .030 stainless, and another welder that runs .045 flux core. All of them are miller except for one lincoln. That's the only thing that makes working for my dad even halfway bearable is the fact that I have a lot of equipment at my disposale. Beyond that, I really hate my job!

Did they loose funding?

No, the host company decided to pack up and disappear without notice. They pretty much just stopped the site one day without warning. It doesn't bother me too much, most of the guys that were starting to frequent were really dumbass kids that didn't know shit and talked a lot of shit.

My friend started http://www.nissancustoms.com right before NM crashed & burned! Theres a gallery & a garage section where you can post pics of your trucks. Check it out if you get a chance. I made sure he included areas for the older Datsun trucks..:D

I've been on that sight before. I agree with Beebani, I don't feel like I fit in with the mini truck guys. I like the idea of having a all datsun page. Kinda keeping classics togather. new trucks/cars require no effort to keep on the road. I like how we help each other keep them alive. I may drive a 510 but I also drive a 620 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't it more than a year ago when I was down there getting some parts with bre620? You were going to scrap the frame at that point. Can't believe you still had it! :)

Yeah, Mike, I've been kicking around what to do with it for a long time. Almost made a trailer out of it at one point. Still have the L16 too. It's going in the scrap on monday.

Here are a few pic's

beebani4link.jpg

cool.jpg

broloadedup.jpg

beebaniandmybrostrucks.jpg

I have more but photo bucket is being stupid..

Thanks again Jason, we are so excited to get to work on the frame. Hopefully get some good photo's over this week :D