Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tanker when you get this EFI crank trigger craziness up and running you gotta do a step by step for us plebeians to aspire too. (Don't worry, most datsun owners are too cheap to actually spend the coin to do it, so I imagine you will be the only one.)

Personally I think you should get the coil pack off the engine. With the crank trigger dizzy block off and the EFI, you can have one of the cleanest l-motor bays ever. And I'd rather some longer spark cables than a huge hunk of plastic hanging off the valve cover. It is like hot gluing plastic crap to a classical sculpture, no matter how pretty the mount. (Wish there were room to put it on the back of the block. That'd be stealth.)

But tanker gotta do what tanker gotta do and I know it won't be half-assed.

• Like 2

Tanker when you get this EFI crank trigger craziness up and running you gotta do a step by step for us plebeians to aspire too. (Don't worry, most datsun owners are too cheap to actually spend the coin to do it, so I imagine you will be the only one.)

Personally I think you should get the coil pack off the engine. With the crank trigger dizzy block off and the EFI, you can have one of the cleanest l-motor bays ever. And I'd rather some longer spark cables than a huge hunk of plastic hanging off the valve cover. It is like hot gluing plastic crap to a classical sculpture, no matter how pretty the mount. (Wish there were room to put it on the back of the block. That'd be stealth.)

But tanker gotta do what tanker gotta do and I know it won't be half-assed.

Thanks big man. I'm pretty confident it will look good on the side. But yeah behind was first thought but no room.

I am using these LS6 coils

MS109-11M_coil_bracket_kit_with_coils_2_

I will be making me a mount rack that mounts them below the valve cover along the block. Parallel of the plugs. I will use my old distributor bore and motor mount studs for the static mount. 

Ok cant wait to see that, and thats a nice mount. I went with he LS1 coils because they ares suppose to be a higher output spark and ironically they are AC Delco and made in Japan. The other ones are Hecho In Mexico.

• Like 1

I had never looked into the performance. I went with what was given to me.

I will groove the static mount plate so I can hide my trigger wires. Gotta keep the clutter down. I just want to see a motor and all the purdy things attached. No buffed aluminum or chrome. Only bead blast or dull finished colors.  

• Like 2