521 5 speed tranny mount..(need)

vodkanmilk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what a stock height transmission mount looks like for the 4 speed.

DSCN2214.JPG

From the back.

DSCN2215.JPG

This is the height you want for the 5 speed conversions, if up high, it could hit on the tunnel.

This is the mount I had when I had a dogleg 5 speed in my 521, they shortened it, and lowered it.

DSCN2216.JPG

Notice above how it only uses the two cross member side bolts to mount the mount, I had to make my own mount to use all 4 bolts because it was pulling the threads out of the cross member.

DSCN2217.JPG

From the back, notice how much lower it is.

DSCN2218.JPG

It may work up high on the dogleg, but as I said, this is what they did to my 521 truck to fit a dogleg into it.

• Like 1

The thing I don't like about this way of doing it is that it hangs below the cross member, a lot of guys on here lower their trucks, that will be one of the first things to hit.

Longshaft 5 speed in a 521.   This one also uses all four bolts in to the crossmember.

TransMount2.jpg

another picture.

TransMount1.jpg

This is my design, it's in a jig I made to make sure they all are the same, I use the 720 transmission mount.

DSCN2227.JPG

DSCN2228.JPG

DSCN2230.JPG

DSCN2231.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi I have a 1971 521 Datsun pick up with a four speed transmission I have the same mount as you that goes to the frame but the mount that goes to the transmission is not the right one on my truck looks like it's for a automatic transmission. could u help me out at all?and how do I post a picture so I can show u what i got

• Like 1

Yea that's the one and its sitting on top of a 4 speed manual transmission bracket.when I put the transmission back in,and then the mounting bracket their was barely any space in between them.the control arm up top was not clearing in the cab. So jacked up the transmission and put the automatic transmission mount back in.i don't know how to post pictures off my phone

• Like 1