Stupid Washington

red13

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can sell anything I want on craigslist/ebay, what that law is about is if you are a scrapper like a wrecking yard, having folks come to your property like your a business, parting trucks out on the property like a wrecking yard.

I used to part trucks out all the time in my driveway, but they did not stay in the driveway long once I started, a week at the longest and they were gone.

Cant sale parts to anybody without a licences.  Or you have to get parts inspected before selling.

• Like 2

I can sell anything I want on craigslist/ebay, what that law is about is if you are a scrapper like a wrecking yard, having folks come to your property like your a business, parting trucks out on the property like a wrecking yard.

I used to part trucks out all the time in my driveway, but they did not stay in the driveway long once I started, a week at the longest and they were gone.

oh ok what i was reading was that you still have to have it inspected before selling still.  You live there I don;t so I am sure you know more then me.

Everybody sells parts and cars on craigslist without a license including me. I read that law posted on the wall on the dmv years ago. To my knowledge nobody has gotten in trouble for it.

If your one of those by the book kinda people though......

California has the worst nazi smog and other car related laws in the country.

Everybody sells parts and cars on craigslist without a license including me. I read that law posted on the wall on the dmv years ago. To my knowledge nobody has gotten in trouble for it.

The reason I found this was someone I know got in trouble just cause the neighbor called on them.

OK, yes there are city laws that are in place to stop someones house from looking like a wrecking yard.

There are also home owners associations(HOAs) that have rules that say you cannot work on your cars in the driveway, park on the street at night, and cause noise at anytime of the day, you have them where you live to, just don't buy a place in a neighborhood like that, most of them are old people with no life anymore, so they complain about everything around them, I should know, them are the neighborhoods that I do 50 percent of the work I do, they will even come out and either tell the person you are working for that you are doing it wrong, or they will scream up at me that I am doing it wrong, I just smile and say I have been doing it for 20 years and all is good.

Buy something out of the city limits when you buy, then upgrade everything as fast as you can before you get annexed, then when you sell, your property will be worth more, and if the city comes around and says you have to take something out because it's not legal, you just say it was legal when it was put it, and that was before the city annexed my property, go away, I have went through this also, I stood my ground, and I still have a pond in my front yard, even though the city told me to get rid of it at least 5 times to my face, it got old listening to that guy, but he finally went away.

The reason I found this was someone I know got in trouble just cause the neighbor called on them.

(5) "Vehicle wrecker" means every person, firm, partnership, association, or corporation engaged in the business of buying, selling, or dealing in vehicles of a type required to be registered under the laws of this state, for the purpose of wrecking, dismantling, disassembling, or substantially changing the form of a vehicle, or who buys or sells integral secondhand parts of component material thereof, in whole or in part, or who deals in secondhand vehicle parts.

States right there BUSINESS of buying and selling, an I'm pretty sure that to be labeled a business you require a business license.

• Like 1

Funny thing about that code enforcement guy I had, he brought with him a building contractor, electrician, and a plumber, while they looked around my garage, he said that they were going into my house to make sure everything in there was safe, I told him not without a warrant, he was a very unhappy man, he told me next time he came it would cost me money, it was free this time, I said not without a warrant, the people he brought with him shrugged their shoulders as there was nothing wrong inside my garage, so they left.

A couple weeks later I had a fire going in the wood stove, lucky I was home too, as that guy had called the fire dept. on me, he really wanted in my house bad, he wanted my wood stove gone is what this was about, well I strolled out and asked the guys what was up, they said there was a fire, I looked at the guy and said, yea, in my wood stove, they did stop unloading the ladders, so then I raised my voice so all could hear, "There is no fire here", it was like I hit the pause button, it got all quiet, he looked at me and said I would have to sign something, about that time, the code enforcement guy went by way breaking the speed limit for are dead end road, he never bothered me again, I was so lucky I was home, they would have cut a hole in my roof.

So do you have no smog laws in Washington ? we dont have "nazi" smog laws here in California.You get a smog check every 2 years on older vehicles.New cars go much longer without a smog check.I personally like to breathe clean air.

• Like 1

Then most of the people of this site are breaking the law on a weekly basis...

(5) "Vehicle wrecker" means every person, firm, partnership, association, or corporation engaged in the business of buying, selling, or dealing in vehicles of a type required to be registered under the laws of this state, for the purpose of wrecking, dismantling, disassembling, or substantially changing the form of a vehicle, or who buys or sells integral secondhand parts of component material thereof, in whole or in part, or who deals in secondhand vehicle parts.

States right there BUSINESS of buying and selling, an I'm pretty sure that to be labeled a business you require a business license.

(every person) and its stupid that you buy property and you cant do what you want.

In reality the only thing to be aware of is if you buy a car with no title in WA and strip it for parts, a junk yard or scrap dealer won't take the remaining hulk unless you have a title or hulk slip from local law enforcement (county sheriff here in one of the hick counties. I don't know who does hulk slips in the big cities). If you have an officer come to give you a hulk slip and he figures out you have stripped a no-title car, then you might be in trouble.

The less populated counties in WA  don't have emissions testing. I don't know which counties do or don't or how old a vehicle has to be to be smog exempt in the counties that do test. Maybe anything as old as a Datsun is exempt. But if you have newer rigs that might have trouble passing emissions you might pick and choose the county you move to.

Idaho and Montana are supposed to have way fewer regulations than WA if that is important to you. My sister moved from WA to Alaska about 3 years ago. She loves the lack of regulations. I just checked the weather for Delta Junction where she is and it is +18F. I think the coldest it has been there this fall was about -22F around Thanksgiving. They are having a really mild winter to far though. It has gotten to -40 to -50F other winters since she has been there. But almost no regulations. :D

Len

Guest Rick-rat

The biggest thing that made "stupid Washington" was all the people from California coming here and trying to make Wa. more like Ca. Please do everyone a favor and stay in Ca.

• Like 3