Who is the go to in So. Cal for an FI engine swap into a 521?

ramzoom

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

It's kind of funny that a guy from Canada is so concerned aboot engine swaps in California, since Canada has no problems dumping raw sewage into the Strait of Juan De Fuca, adding to pollution in Washington

RAMZOOM, don't take it personal, Mike has a short list of tricks he uses for derailing newb's requests for swap info. It's his way of protecting the endangered Datsuns. We've seen too many upstarts tare into their cars and truck with the best of intention, but limited resources, only to put another fine Dat in a landfill. Here's what I ask, if you don't have the money to finish this project, don't start it. A KA24 will give you the best bang for the buck.

You won't find a shop that specializes in Dat trucks, but there are a few shops that service the Datsun community in LA. What ever you do, make sure the shop KNOWS the Dat 521 platform. Front X-member and drive shaft mod, electrical for both truck and motor swap, etc. The last thing you want to do is pay for a Honda techs education, worse yet for his fuck ups. The only shop I know of with integrity and great Datsun chops is Mike’s Z Shop. You may have to talk them into doing a truck, but I know they've done some sick 510s so it's not out of the question. 

Mario was THE guy in LA for Datusns, more so 510s than 521s though. As far as I know, he's an L purest and not into fi swaps. He's also very hard to track down. For all I know he may no longer be in the game. 

Best of luck

RAMZOOM, don't take it personal, Mike has a short list of tricks he uses for derailing newb's requests for swap info. It's his way of protecting the endangered Datsuns. We've seen too many upstarts tare into their cars and truck with the best of intention, but limited resources, only to put another fine Dat in a landfill. Here's what I ask, if you don't have the money to finish this project, don't start it. A KA24 will give you the best bang for the buck.

You won't find a shop that specializes in Dat trucks, but there are a few shops that service the Datsun community in LA. What ever you do, make sure the shop KNOWS the Dat 521 platform. Front X-member and drive shaft mod, electrical for both truck and motor swap, etc. The last thing you want to do is pay for a Honda techs education, worse yet for his fuck ups. The only shop I know of with integrity and great Datsun chops is Mike’s Z Shop. You may have to talk them into doing a truck, but I know they've done some sick 510s so it's not out of the question. 

Mario was THE guy in LA for Datusns, more so 510s than 521s though. As far as I know, he's an L purest and not into fi swaps. He's also very hard to track down. For all I know he may no longer be in the game. 

Best of luck

Paradime Mario is heavy in to SR swaps and he has a shop in the south bay. Ropodoe chime in anytime.

Hold the phone Mr bigtanker, I stand corrected. Just did a little googling and found a bunch of stuff he's been doing in south bay LA, not South Bay ala San Jose. Here's the thing though, would you recommend this newb look him up for his engine swap, or...

• Like 1

Hold the phone Mr bigtanker, I stand corrected. Just did a little googling and found a bunch of stuff he's been doing in south bay LA, not South Bay ala San Jose. Here's the thing though, would you recommend this newb look him up for his engine swap, or...

You know also I was thinking he might not touch it also. I talked to the op and will help him out though, he actually lives down or up the road from me so we are all good.

And No the SMOG Nazi's wont get him, he will be just fine Uncle Mike.

Glad i live in Arizona now...no smog checks ever & it cost me $23 to reg my 620. Last time CA "tried" to get me to smog my 94 Hardbody they wanted $60 on top of the $75 they wanted for that tiny little decal !

Like i said...keep it stock & roll !