1978 620 vg30et

bigboy620

41 minutes ago, RyanC said:

Good looking truck, love how fat the rears can be with flares what size rubber are you running?  I have 265s sitting on the rear, no body to worry about as its a tray back, yet to test them out.

Thank you! Needs some tlc been sitting for awhile. I have 265x60r15 on some 15x12 wheels. Fronts are 15x10 with 225x50r15. I had to raise the rear to have more clearance for the under bed turbo. Now there is more room for more rubber aha 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, RyanC said:

Now to get those mixtures right, interested to see how much she makes and how the sniper handles the turbo.  Don't see much info/youtube infor with it setup with turbos and config etc.  What boost is it at now?

8lbs. Once everything gets dialed in. Let's hope it makes good HP.

8 hours ago, bigboy620 said:

It's on the ground! Took it for a spin. Man i forgot the effort the non power steering system takes aha. Needs some more fine adjustment. It bogs under slight acceleration. There's many parameters to adjust on this sniper EFI. But man this thing feels like it's going to fly 💸

PXL_20230421_042655398~2.jpg

I had 31 x 10.5s at one time and had to park across the lot at WallMart so I could just get in and drive away. It was manageable when moving but was not nimble. It was s l o w to maneuver if you suddenly had to avoid something. 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I had 31 x 10.5s at one time and had to park across the lot at WallMart so I could just get in and drive away. It was manageable when moving but was not nimble. It was s l o w to maneuver if you suddenly had to avoid something. 

It sucks making 3 point u turns aha. Since my turning radius is limited do to the offset of the wheels. 🥲

8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I designed a bracket and mounted a Hardbody PS pump and used a '79 280zx PS box on the 620. Insane but it worked perfectly and eventually 33 x 12" tires.

Did you mount it on the driver side of the engine? I'm curious. 

12 hours ago, RyanC said:

Sounds good on the road, was good to see in the Youtube feed this morning.

What size is your exhaust? 3 inch?

It sounds way better in person. I was driving it without the quad tips. Just the cherry bomb extreme 1 to 2 outlets muffler. I raised the rear and it interfered with the exhaust. And the tips were way too low. It sounds deep without the tips. I welded them back on yesterday.

Stock headers to 1"-7/8 to merge collector. From there it goes to 2" about to where the cab ends, then it's 2-1/2 to turbo and then to glass pack with dual outlets that lead to quad tips.

5 hours ago, bigboy620 said:

Driving this thing thru town makes the truck look like a celebrity aha. Breaks necks for sure 😁

As it should. You did a great job. Well done Dattos are celebrities anywhere you go. Have fun snapping necks bro. 

• Thanks 1