bigboy620

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

Damn that’s awesome! Wish I knew how to swap an engine. Great build. Will you be at Datsloco this year? 

Forums, write ups, and youtube is how I learned. You just have to go for it. Trial and error. And when you have a tight budget, you just have to get really creative. Yess i will try and make it out to DATSLOCOS 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, bigboy620 said:

Forums, write ups, and youtube is how I learned. You just have to go for it. Trial and error. And when you have a tight budget, you just have to get really creative. Yess i will try and make it out to DATSLOCOS 

That's key. Just get in there and do it. Some guys can visualize the results ahead of time, some can't. Either way, getting out the tools and making it happen are the keys to enjoyment.

Other guys spend a decade or more building something and they are never quite satisfied. Go figure.

16 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That's key. Just get in there and do it. Some guys can visualize the results ahead of time, some can't. Either way, getting out the tools and making it happen are the keys to enjoyment.

Other guys spend a decade or more building something and they are never quite satisfied. Go figure.

Exactly! 

• Like 1

Don't do it. Cutting the body is mutilation. The radiator has fans for circulation, not needed. It will change the body lines. Hell you could mount it under the box where the spare tire was... with some louvers for stone protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Don't do it. Cutting the body is mutilation. The radiator has fans for circulation, not needed. It will change the body lines. Hell you could mount it under the box where the spare tire was... with some louvers for stone protection.

You're right plus I've never messed with Bondo. So I'd hate to regret it aha 

You have a vg30 in a 620, might as well go for it and learn something. Might even enjoy it. I see fender flares already on there and that vent is tiny. But if you still have bed floors put it below that so you don't have such a hard time running ducting to the rad since 620s have single wall bedsides

Not to mention individuality and creativity

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

You have a vg30 in a 620, might as well go for it and learn something. Might even enjoy it. I see fender flares already on there and that vent is tiny. But if you still have bed floors put it below that so you don't have such a hard time running ducting to the rad since 620s have single wall bedsides

Not to mention individuality and creativity

Under the bed is not a bad idea 💡.  I think I've made this truck too complicated aha.

10 hours ago, hobospyder said:

I mean, you could be trying to fit a v10 or v12 under the hood but you're being reasonable with a v6

Like the bloke here in Australia with a viper v12 in a 1200 ute!

I just noticed your using a sniper throttle body.  Been thinking about this setup on an L series be interested to see how it goes when running etc.

• Haha 1