1978 620 vg30et

bigboy620

9 hours ago, RyanC said:

Like the bloke here in Australia with a viper v12 in a 1200 ute!

I just noticed your using a sniper throttle body.  Been thinking about this setup on an L series be interested to see how it goes when running etc.

You mean a viper V12 with a Ute attach to it aha. We'll see how this runs with it. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, RyanC said:

Here is the ute, sorry vipers are v10 whoops 

https://www.whichcar.com.au/events/summernats/datsun-1200-ute-with-twin-turbo-viper-v10-swap-debuted-at-summernats-35

are you running the sniper or super sniper? Whats the plan on how much booost?

Thats a really nice looking Ute. Super sniper with an external boost reference fpr and a DUI distributor. Going for 7-8 psi. 

Looking good, is there no room for radiator and intercooler upfront?  Here in Australia with the 510's often a n14 pulsar radiator is used as its narrower and the intercooler is behind the grill ..or replaces it.  Maybe they are putting the sr20's and fj's harder to the firewall?  How much room from rear of engine to firewall?  Is this because of other plumbing?

Sorry not critisizing just questions 👍

Edited by RyanC
  • Like 2

Yes and you have the issue of the steering, brake and clutch where the turbo could be sitting which we do here in australia.  Heaps of room around the v6 if you take out the turbo or are RHD like us and can run the exhaust around to the LHS.

Alwasy though a VG30e/de in a 510 woule be fun when I had it but hard here due to restrictions.  The 620 has heaps more room though.

Thanks for those pics great to see clearances etc

Edited by RyanC
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RyanC said:

Yes and you have the issue of the steering, brake and clutch where the turbo could be sitting which we do here in australia.  Heaps of room around the v6 if you take out the turbo or are RHD like us and can run the exhaust around to the LHS.

Alwasy though a VG30e/de in a 510 woule be fun when I had it but hard here due to restrictions.  The 620 has heaps more room though.

Thanks for those pics great to see clearances etc

That's why I'm doing it! Because it's challenging fun aha. 

• Like 1

How much oil flow would the turbo need? Would it hurt it, if i had a constant flow even at idle. I will see if i can control pumps with Holley super sniper ecu. I have a speed control that works nice. From a couple rpms to ALOT shah. Also have a needle valve with a bypass hose going back to the reservoir. To adjust flow direction. Any opinions greatly appreciated. 

It's going to have a constant flow, since the pump if going to draw from the oil tank and the turbo drain at the same time. Two check valves to help from oil going back to the turbo 

Edited by bigboy620
  • Like 1

It's on the ground! Took it for a spin. Man i forgot the effort the non power steering system takes aha. Needs some more fine adjustment. It bogs under slight acceleration. There's many parameters to adjust on this sniper EFI. But man this thing feels like it's going to fly 💸

PXL_20230421_042655398~2.jpg

• Like 1