Harvey Weinstein: Woody Allen 'sad' for producer over sexual assault allegations

Woody Allen has said he is "sad" for Harvey Weinstein as the producer faces numerous allegations of sexual assault.

The filmmaker said he had heard rumours but not "these horror stories" after a number of women came forward to accuse Weinstein of assault.

Weinstein was voted off the board behind the Oscars on Saturday as a result of the allegations.

Allen faced his own sex claims; accused of molesting his adopted daughter - a claim he has always strongly denied.

Weinstein has been credited with reviving Allen's career after Allen was accused of abusing Dylan Farrow, his daughter with actress Mia Farrow.

Allen said he hoped the revelations, which emerged after an investigation by the New York Times, would lead to "some amelioration", but said: "You also don't want it to lead to a witch hunt atmosphere, a Salem atmosphere, where every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself. That's not right either.

"But sure, you hope that something like this could be transformed into a benefit for people rather than just a sad or tragic situation."

Among those who investigated Weinstein were Allen's own son, Ronan Farrow, who spoke to 13 women who said the producer had sexually harassed or assaulted them.

Weinstein, 65, insists any sexual contacts he had were consensual. His spokeswoman Sallie Hofmeister said earlier this week: "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr Weinstein."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41626750?ocid=socialflow_twitter

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Although Hilary might have been a talented political operative, she was/is a massive target for the right and a piss poor candidate. Dems shot themselves in the foot with an arrogance gun.

She stole the primaries from Bernie, where's the media outrage???

• Like 2

5ajbeWB.gif

Good evening, Ladies, Gentlemen and Californians!

California legally recognizes third gender option

October 16, 2017 2:45 AM

For the first time in state history, California will legally recognize a third gender option for residents who do not identify as male or female next year.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article179062891.html#storylink=cpy

smuggiescience.jpg

• Like 2

So other than those who are just attention seekers, just how many are this third sex? 

Hermaphrodites have both genitalia so how do I find one? What I mean is how do I identify one?

Is their symbol just a O ?

So other than those who are just attention seekers, just how many are this third sex?

Hermaphrodites have both genitalia so how do I find one? What I mean is how do I identify one?

Is their symbol just a O ?

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/abnormal/abnormal_5.htm

There ya go. There are certainly more than two gender if the definition is in fact science based. But that really isn't what California is talking about either. These several other configurations of chromosomes are anomalies and very atypical.

z70zqu5hws4y.jpg

How Hillary Clinton Still Can, and Should, Become President After the Trump-Russia Investigation

By Julia Glum On 10/16/17 at 4:00 PM

Harvard University professor Lawrence Lessig offered a Clinton path to the presidency on Medium, putting forward a series of "if/then" scenarios that lead to House Speaker Paul Ryan handing the White House keys to Clinton.

Here's how constitutional law expert Lessig lays it out:

If number 1: If Trump is definitively found to have colluded directly with Russia, he would be forced to resign or be impeached.

If number 2: If Trump is removed, Vice President Mike Pence would become president.

If number 3: If Pence becomes president, he should resign too, given that he benefited from the same help from Mother Russia.

If number 4: If Pence resigns before appointing a vice president, Ryan would become president.

If number 5: If Ryan becomes president, he should do the right thing and choose Clinton for vice president. Then he should resign.

"The answer seems unavoidable: He should nominate the person defeated by the treason of his own party, and then step aside and let her become the president," Lessig writes.

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-president-lawrence-lessig-post-686077

z70zqu5hws4y.jpg

How Hillary Clinton Still Can, and Should, Become President After the Trump-Russia Investigation

By Julia Glum On 10/16/17 at 4:00 PM

Harvard University professor Lawrence Lessig offered a Clinton path to the presidency on Medium, putting forward a series of "if/then" scenarios that lead to House Speaker Paul Ryan handing the White House keys to Clinton.

Here's how constitutional law expert Lessig lays it out:

If number 1: If Trump is definitively found to have colluded directly with Russia, he would be forced to resign or be impeached.

If number 2: If Trump is removed, Vice President Mike Pence would become president.

If number 3: If Pence becomes president, he should resign too, given that he benefited from the same help from Mother Russia.

If number 4: If Pence resigns before appointing a vice president, Ryan would become president.

If number 5: If Ryan becomes president, he should do the right thing and choose Clinton for vice president. Then he should resign.

"The answer seems unavoidable: He should nominate the person defeated by the treason of his own party, and then step aside and let her become the president," Lessig writes.

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-president-lawrence-lessig-post-686077

How to start a civil war in 5 easy steps!

• Like 4

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/abnormal/abnormal_5.htm

There ya go. There are certainly more than two gender if the definition is in fact science based. But that really isn't what California is talking about either. These several other configurations of chromosomes are anomalies and very atypical.

So they recognize a 3rd gender so does this give trans gender people an extra choice? cause I'm all about having more choices and maybe they are too. (seriously I'm not up on this shit) 

How to start a civil war in 5 easy steps!

It wouldn't get past #2 assuming Trump would voluntarily resign which I highly doubt. This is what the Veep is for to take over for him.

Then have another election.

Watch the Tic be humiliated one more time and write another book. That she buys 280,000 copies of. Again

• Like 1

So they recognize a 3rd gender so does this give trans gender people an extra choice? cause I'm all about having more choices and maybe they are too. (seriously I'm not up on this shit)

California is on some other shit. Trans people do have slightly higher odds of having a genetic chromosomal abnormality, but studies show that percentage to be small. Most Trans people do though have hormonal imbalances. Unfortunate. Higher cancer rates and psychological disorders as well as a number of other issues that result from hormonal issues. Often adrenal gland problems. Not my area of expertise though. The actual chromosomal abnormalities that few do have, would rightly exclude them from XX or XY genetically. And they too are predisposed to hormonal issues as a result. But again, California is not legislating for them. California is legislating for people who, for whatever reason (I think hormones) don't feel right as men nor women. I can't relate personally so honest empathy is a reach. But I fail to see any serious hardship resulting in giving them their letter. It seems they've had a presence in almost every civilization, largely outcast and always marginalized. I just don't see any justification in the continuation of those practices. Seems religion is always the driving force. Sincerely, what are the downsides? Bathrooms?

Darwin would disagree with you, tr8er, I love that the left is all about evolution, science and all yet they ignore one of the key functions of evolution, for some reason natural selection is ignored, survival of the fittest is in every living organism, right down to cellular level....

• Like 1

McCain slams 'half-baked, spurious nationalism' sweeping US in passionate speech

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., slammed "half-baked, spurious nationalism" in an impassioned speech while accepting the Liberty Medal in Philadelphia this evening.

"To fear the world we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain the last best hope of earth for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history," McCain said, to applause.

"We live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil," he continued. "... We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably powerful and wealthy as we did."

He added: "We have a moral obligation to continue in our just cause, and we would bring more than shame on ourselves if we don't. We will not thrive in a world where our leadership and ideals are absent. We wouldn't deserve to."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mccain-slams-half-baked-spurious-nationalism-sweeping-us/story?id=50522714

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Darwin would disagree with you, tr8er, I love that the left is all about evolution, science and all yet they ignore one of the key functions of evolution, for some reason natural selection is ignored, survival of the fittest is in every living organism, right down to cellular level....

Genetic abnormalities is one of the few tenets of natural selection. Go read a book.