breather filter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

threads useless without pics....

not to mention, how much shipped, at the end of it all why would it be any better than going to the auto store and grabbing one for probably less the these after shipping and waiting ..

not bashing, just asking

still would like to see them 

But like Tendril said ,, you can buy those  for $9.89 cents locally to me ( we just bought one last Friday) why would these be a good deal at $10? .  If i saw a yard saler had a shit load of those there is no way i would pay retail for yard sale filters... I would definetly make him take it in the shorts price wise,  not me.

But like Tendril said ,, you can buy those  for $9.89 cents locally to me ( we just bought one last Friday) why would these be a good deal at $10? .  If i saw a yard saler had a shit load of those there is no way i would pay retail for yard sale filters.

I realized that now 

Why pay for something not needed? The valve cover hose goes to the stock air filter and during reverse air flow the carb sucks the fumes in and burns them. Even the weber carb air filter has this. Why stink up the cab with fumes????

• Like 1

"Why pay for something not needed? The valve cover hose goes to the stock air filter and during reverse air flow the carb sucks the fumes in and burns them. Even the weber carb air filter has this. Why stink up the cab with fumes????"  dmike

So thats why I've been getting migraines.

No shit????  the weber can take it up the bum from a peanut?

I don't think my 32/36 has this technology, should I just drill out a hole in the bottom of the filter and set a pink nipple?

• Like 1

The bottom plate on the air filter usually has a hole with a plastic elbow for the hose. If not make something up... after all you DO own a Datsun. Fabbing is a genetic trait.

The older and more worn the engine the more blow by you will have and when it exceeds what the PCV can suck in, it backs up and goes out the valve cover vent. Only makes sense to pipe it to the inside of the air filter. People don't smoke around their children but remove this vent hose to put a filter not needed on???? How does this make sense?

• Like 1

"Why pay for something not needed? The valve cover hose goes to the stock air filter and during reverse air flow the carb sucks the fumes in and burns them. Even the weber carb air filter has this. Why stink up the cab with fumes????" dmike

So thats why I've been getting migraines.

No shit???? the weber can take it up the bum from a peanut?

I don't think my 32/36 has this technology, should I just drill out a hole in the bottom of the filter and set a pink nipple?

Is that really a cause of migranes? Mines not plugged and yes i get smells into the cab, and u just opened my eyes to why lately ive been getting migraines

I don't think migraines are caused by breathing hydrocarbons but....

Chocolate, caffeine, bananas taken in excess can lead to them in sensitive people.  Any constant breathing of hydrocarbons should be avoided. If you can smell gas it's already in excess.

• Like 1

Why pay for something not needed? The valve cover hose goes to the stock air filter and during reverse air flow the carb sucks the fumes in and burns them. Even the weber carb air filter has this. Why stink up the cab with fumes????

I do have a Weber carb, but not using the silly little ugly Weber air filter. I have a 10" round chrome Edelbrock filter and and an adapter from Redline. But it does have the breather hookup.

99010.457__47364_zoom.jpg6900000_edb_1208_pri_larg.jpg

Is that really a cause of migranes? Mines not plugged and yes i get smells into the cab, and u just opened my eyes to why lately ive been getting migraines

who knows, I think caffeine and cigarettes could be the accomplice in my case. 

• Like 1

The older and more worn the engine the more blow by you will have and when it exceeds what the PCV can suck in, it backs up and goes out the valve cover vent. Only makes sense to pipe it to the inside of the air filter.

Better to pipe it to the exterior of the air filter housing.  That way any crud is trapped in the air filter media rather than gunking up your carburetor needles.

• Like 1

Better to pipe it to the exterior of the air filter housing.  That way any crud is trapped in the air filter media rather than gunking up your carburetor needles.

Interesting, how does one attach the hose to the actual filter media so the crud gets caught in the filter? 

Interesting, how does one attach the hose to the actual filter media so the crud gets caught in the filter? 

Move the "nipple" from a hole inside the filter to a new hole in the exterior of the intake air filter housing.  Older Chevrolets had a PCV intake filter on the vertical lip of the housing,  I am talking 1967 Camaro as an example.

• Like 1

Put the hose inside the filter. That works for millions of Datsun engines, no problem.

If you route it to the air cleaner outside if the filter, the unfiltered air gets in the block. And it doesn't capture all the fumes.

Those fumes definitely give me headaches.

• Like 1

Put the hose inside the filter. That works for millions of Datsun engines, no problem.

If you route it to the air cleaner outside if the filter, the unfiltered air gets in the block. And it doesn't capture all the fumes.

Those fumes definitely give me headaches.

The fumes will coat your air filter element and clog it up. Davids right, millions have been done inside and work.