E-bay: L-Series TURBO SETUP 'Roto-Master'

fisch

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's almost as bastardized as my setup. That started out as a Crown Turbo kit, as seen by the intake manifold feeder, and when the original exhaust manifold gave out (typical), switched to a custom exhaust manifold with a wastegate. Looks like a Weber DGV on the intake. Should be a good unit. A Felpro headgasket should provide long life when used. That's what I'll be using when I finish my project.

my buddy had almost the same set up with water injection running 12 pounds of boost and 12 to 1 comp 225 at the tire it was fast but it didnot last to long :D

12:1 compression and a carburated turbo. I cant guess why it didnd last?:D

It appears to a newb like myself that there is a negative view towards carbureted, turboed L engines. Properly designed, with low comp pistons, pressurized carb enclosures, and correctly controlled boost, it should work as fine as any other. Is there something inherently wrong with the L engines design that doesn

Some bastard won it, ebay ID: pl510sss

I hope this guy knows what his doing and installs it

Not let it sit in the pile of parts

You can probably search the guys ebay ID, maybe he uses it on forums. Once you found it who it is maybe offer to buy it from him....

I race for pinks, house title or 6 pack of beer

which ever is cheaper

Fineline, will be needing your help to check it out

Hmmm... 'pl521sss' and 'pl510sss', pretty close! Hmmm need finelines help.... So are you saying you won it pl521sss? Duuuuuude if so AWESOME!! Congrats! Document everything in the build please!!!! I am so happy it went to a Ratsun member!

Of course if I am confused, and you didn't win it... then I am all excited for nothing.:(

It appears to a newb like myself that there is a negative view towards carbureted, turboed L engines. Properly designed, with low comp pistons, pressurized carb enclosures, and correctly controlled boost, it should work as fine as any other. Is there something inherently wrong with the L engines design that doesn
pl510sss has a profile pic

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1308&sid=9928460a72311db141c85acf04799f18

close to pl521sss, but it can't be him. :)

See, thats what I'm talking about! A little bit of investigation and we can smoke this guy out and push him to sell that tubo setup to someone on these forums. I think pl521sss has been showing some interest.

alright, you guys got me busted

pl521sss=pl510sss=pl510_sss

I use that ID anywhere

Signed up here mainly to get resource for my 521 truck so naturally I used pl521sss.

Now I can sell it here for $2500 cause it's rarest of the rare.

I'll be using a different ID and promote it. :D

this Turbo setup is archaic compared to newer type of turbos.

Likely it has turbo lag and won't kick in till 3500rpm (my guess)

will see how it works.