First Timer

abominable666

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say you got a deal even if it had no drive train. Like the step side but the box flairs don't really flow. Too bad about the hood but replaceable. Cutting into the body is a big no no with me and probably why I hate box flairs.

Never seen a front end like that before. Painted bumper is different but matches everything. That's a later '78-'79 grill. Check out the earlier ones sometime.

Welcome to Ratsun... you have arrived.

Nice old school find, and what a deal, he would have got more in scrap for it than you bought it for.

Look at the casting number on that head, maybe it's worth something.

L20b engines are fairly common, but one has to find someone parting out a wrecked vehicle, or someone doing a conversion to a running datsun.

I have a Z20S that ran before I helped pull it, it sounded good, I had to take the engine to get the 2 shortshaft 720 5 speed transmissions I wanted, it was a package deal, all or nothing, it's been sitting out of the elements in my shed for a while now, it is complete, but you are a ways away.

I have to say that I like stepside boxes, but I hate the taillights inside the fenders, but that is my issue, and not yours, I like the old chevy truck taillights myself.

Here are my taillights.

DSCN1627.JPG

• 3 weeks later...