Show off your L series valve covers

Allright all you Datsun heads it's time to show off your L series valve covers. Any condition at all it doesnt matter & if you'd like to share how you got it to look like it does go for it. Ill start with a few of mine...

this one is in my 620..i wet sanded it down with 1500 & did a quick hand polish then shot a few coats of color..let it cure then wet sanded through in a few spots then shot 2 coats of clear. I was going for the "rough" look...

314y2kk.jpg

2vhucjo.jpg

this one is on the boat. I wet sanded it with 1000, 1500 then 2000 then used a small buffing wheel on the drill & brown rouge to buff it out followed by Mothers polish by hand. Then hand painted the blue around the letters...

eejbq.jpg

33w013k.jpg

& this one was on the 620. I had it chrome plated in Tijuana mex for under $100 US bux...

jsj6yv.jpg

Look forward to seeing what you guys post up :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so wanted to run the finned valve cover, but with the new Nissan engine mounts, and the L20B, the finned valve cover hits the hood.  So I'm running the original '71 cover.

No, the battery straps are not permanent!!  :P

I have an L20b and finned cover... nothing hits. Just_Joel is the same. 

I have an L20b and finned cover... nothing hits. Just_Joel is the same. 

I've heard I'm different.... I mean I've heard my car may be a special case.  I don't know why, but it does hit the hood.  The non-finned cover just barely clears. What engine mounts are you using?  Mine are brand new Nissan units.  I'm suspecting used mounts might be compressed enough to avoid this issue....

What's with this "we" shit jalen

He's french

I think the 1600 valve covers are the best looking stock L series valve cover ever made. They have such class to them due to the font and extra lines. I wish they made an L6 valve cover in the same style :-/.

I'm hoping to pick up a kakimoto valve cover while in Japan. If I cant maybe I'll do an art themed cover.

This is mine atm.

411409_10151010170158063_1848144954_o.jp

• Like 1