What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As we know,Southern Rocks rules,seen this band many times...Even have a video with  my 720 with their music...My brother rode his Harley to Sturgis...Here is a picture of him somewhere that is popular,does anyone know where this place is...He did 32 years in The Coast Guard...

Billy and his Harley.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

I saw Brian in small nightclub North County SD, 1986-ish when he was promoting his first independent album The Knife Feels Like Justice. It was Setzer on his open body Gretsch, Kenny Aaronson on upright bass, and Kenny Aronoff on a simple three dumb kit. Holy mother of God those guys F'n tore that place a new asshole. Seriously shocking amounts of sound and energy, like Green Day but with more spine. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, paradime said:

I saw Brian in small nightclub North County SD, 1986-ish when he was promoting his first independent album The Knife Feels Like Justice. It was Setzer on his open body Gretsch, Kenny Aaronson on upright bass, and Kenny Aronoff on a simple three dumb kit. Holy mother of God those guys F'n tore that place a new asshole. Seriously shocking amounts of sound and energy, like Green Day but with more spine. 

Yeah, the orchestra stuff is amazing (I've seen him with it live a couple of times) but not really necessary as he kills it anyway.  He always has a great bass player and drums backing him up.  His live shows take no prisoners!

• Like 2

The live vid below is at my old neighborhood bar The Saloon, but well after the bands heyday. The recording below that is at full tilt. In the late 80s my wife and I lived right around the corner from The Saloon on Grant & Vallejo. Bachelors played an early 6pm show there on Mondays and we were part of a rabid little fan group there every week. One particularly badass show the drummer took his snare off and the band started plying a simple improv groove. Dude put the drum under his arm and played it with the other; jumped up on the bar and marched out the door onto grant street continuing to play rhythm while the band limped along inside. He came back in, marched down the bar, put his snare on the stand, the whole band then flew into a complet rockabilly tirade and they absolutely leveled the damn place. It was an amazing time to be in North Beach SF back then. It was before the .com invasion turned our artistic community neighborhood into a fraternity extension program for wanna be hipster nerds. 

• Like 4
On 6/20/2022 at 12:03 AM, Z23T said:

Oh my goodness! Dick Dale meet Vag Veil! Cute, thicc gurrrls and BTW they can fuckin' jam! The furniture and the artificial flagstone fireplace pre-date the go-go boots and mini-skirts by maybe two or three years but it all meshes together very plausibly for a home happening circa 1966. Are those amps vintage? I'm not a musician but all Ive ever seen are black Marshalls and Peavys in that era.

• Like 2