What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, Jesse C. said:

I was at a ska show with Bad Manners somewhere in El Cajon back in 83' and there was a guy shaving his head in the men's room sink. He asked in an English accent if I could help get the back of his head. I was like "yeah sure" and graded the raiser. I looked in the mirror at the guy and it was F'n Buster Blood Vessel himself. Dude it was a great time to be into Ska.

• Like 2

I went to Balboa Park last weekend and saw Raúl Prieto Ramírez playing at the Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park. That's one crazy sounding totally analog non-amplified musical instrument.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, paradime said:

I was at a ska show with Bad Manners somewhere in El Cajon back in 83' and there was a guy shaving his head in the men's room sink. He asked in an English accent if I could help get the back of his head. I was like "yeah sure" and graded the raiser. I looked in the mirror at the guy and it was F'n Buster Blood Vessel himself. Dude it was a great time to be into Ska.

That's awesome! My sister and some friends went down to TJ back in the 80's for a show that Bad Manners where part of, after the show they went to eat and ran into the whole band at the restaurant! She said he was funny and very polite to the ladies. 

Last time I saw him was at a show at the House of Blues, he was opening for Panteon Rococo. He had lost so much weight that I didn't recognize him at first until he started singing! But he still can belt out a tune. 

Yes, we are indeed very lucky to have been in the eye of the Ska storm! 

• Like 1