What are you listening to???

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, paradime said:

I've been meaning to learn a Ragtime song for a while now like the entertainer. But seems since these songs are meant for the piano. You have to have a custom tuning on the 5th/6th strings so that you're not having to stretch your fingers too much. I'm too lazy to have to re-tune just for one song. I'll have to see if this version is standard tuning.

I like the acoustic delta style blues like the one you posted above, over the B.B King electric guitar blues. Needs to sound like they recorded on an old raggedy porch in the south for it to be real blues IMO

Edit: just saw you posted a gypsy jazz song. I'm not fond of most jazz but I love gypsy jazz.

This is Justin Johnson. Another excellent guitarist I follow. 

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
On 6/1/2024 at 12:22 AM, Ranman72 said:

I see you like songs that are covered by different bands. I'm not sure if you've heard this version of Simple Man. I actually like it better than the original. You also post 80s New wave music sometimes. So I'll post some of that see if you hear something you haven't heard.

"Simple Man" Covered by the Band "Shinedown".

I'm 100% sure you've alread heard a short snippet of this 80s new wave song. They play it in every tik-tok shuffle dance video. Turns out the full song is really good.

"Touch In The Night" by the Band "Silent CIrcle".

• Like 1
10 hours ago, paradime said:

The movie "The Great Gatsby" was my first introduction to this music. I thought it was badass but couldn't figure out what this style of music was called. Electroswing, I'll have to remember that. 

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2

After sweating and struggling I finally got the stump I'd been working on dug out of the front garden. I cleaned up and went for a beer, a Sleeman's honey brown ale that went down so fast and easy that it got me feeling it, then went for a Jack Daniel's Tennessee fire. This makes me think of a song, so I searched and played George Thorogood loud enough for my wife to enjoy it, and then felt the need to have a shot of Glen Fiddich just for the hell of it.

Well this lead to Stevie Ray Vaughn then ZZ Top, La Grange, and somehow Nazareth's hair of the dog and eventually to Beth Hart with Joe Bonamassa then ended with David Gogo's halfway to Memphis. Now that I've sobered up a bit I thought I'd share a bit of my binge into blues guitar music. It really sounded good after one bourban, one scotch and one beer. Cheers folks.

• Like 4
On 6/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, IZRL said:

I see you like songs that are covered by different bands. I'm not sure if you've heard this version of Simple Man. I actually like it better than the original. You also post 80s New wave music sometimes. So I'll post some of that see if you hear something you haven't heard.

"Simple Man" Covered by the Band "Shinedown".

I'm 100% sure you've alread heard a short snippet of this 80s new wave song. They play it in every tik-tok shuffle dance video. Turns out the full song is really good.

"Touch In The Night" by the Band "Silent CIrcle".

both of these are pretty good 

I sometimes go down a rabbit hole listening to music 

I always like hearing a younger generations spin on some older classics 

also a female perspective on male rock and or ballads 

if you like zeppelin look up zepparella

• Like 1

some people love her some hate her 

in my opinion she has a fantastic voice in any kind of music she wants to sing