how accurate is fast & furious?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is very accurate, if real lifer were a movie. I also do not remember a single sr20 being mentioned by name.....might have been too busy making fun of the movie though...

"WHERES MY ENGINENS TED!!!, couple of SR20s will pull a premium two weeks before race wars"       Of course he was driving a Honda though....

It's true in Japan, that if you're doing faster than 180, cops won't chase you.

-Robert

That is true, they wont risk life and limb. However they have the most advanced speed cameras in the world, so its very hard not to get caught.

I was hoping for some serious answers, I thought it was a good movie sure it has some wrong car talk, but was more accurate than born to run.

Autoweek declared Cars to be the best car movie, but I didn't care for it much. 1974 gone in sixty seconds is more interesting to me. It celebrated contemporary car culture much like F&F did for 2001.

Serious answers?

There is some accuracy to the movie. In DSM gearboxes double clutching in high RPM is beneficial, because those trannies are crap. DC rev matching, and left foot breaking are other skills to learn, but this movie downplays the reality of such Driving tactics. You would not be "double clutching" in most dig races.

No, you can not blow the welds on the intake, not on a street car. However on a drag car I have seen essentially that happen, well blow the bolts maybe, not the welds per say. But pro stocks have to have engine straps to keep the supercharger from flying off into the audience in case of a nitrous explosion.

The race at the end is fucking ridiculous.

the Supra from the movie is actually a base model automatic, not a twin turbo.

Races dont actually happen in that manner in Cali, and they dont race down Hawthorne, lolol.

And it would be very hard to put "100k under his hood" of an S2k.

what else did you want to know?

Yeah, I guess the photo systems are what shut down a lot of the midnight club stuff, Well I mean that Boso motorcycle wreck did that, but there were still people racing til they put up the cameras on the Shuto expressway.

Apparently they still race the loops like they are race tracks though.

I personally don't make a habit of shifting 89 times during a drag race. I don't think I have seen a truly accurate car based movie that was not a documentary (like "Dust to glory"). Maybe Ron Howard's movie "Rush" but I don't know if that really qualifies as a car movie. As for the nitrous, itself blowing up the intake, no, there is really no pressure at your intake from nitrous, it come out in a fine mist. I suppose if a guy were to cap off all his intake ports and throttle body air tight and then give the intake manifold the full 1000 pound of pressure in the tank to it, something may happen, but even then, I doubt it. The nitrous explosion you see every now and again are from wet kits, not dry. In other words, a wet kit mean fuel and nitrous are being sprayed into the intake at the same time. Some manifolds lend themselves more to an explosion than others. The nitrous and fuel can find spots to "puddle" in the intake. While nitrous by itself in not flammable if you mix it with a puddle of fuel, it is. If this is happening in the intake and then the car backfires through the intake and lights it, many times, you have a bomb. The real explosion most need to worry about is whether or not you mix enough fuel with your nitrous, if you don't it will go very lean and burn a piston like it made out of paper.

"WHERES MY ENGINENS TED!!!, couple of SR20s will pull a premium two weeks before race wars"

hate to be THAT GUY, but he said.. "Nissan Sr20 engines" and "A week before racewars..."

little trivial details... but when the tuna is so good you have to get in a fist fight over it... the little details count...

and if that Jetta was truely a GLX built the way it shows... it would have been alot closer...

"WHERES MY ENGINENS TED!!!, couple of SR20s will pull a premium two weeks before race wars"

hate to be THAT GUY, but he said.. "Nissan Sr20 engines" and "A week before racewars..."

little trivial details... but when the tuna is so good you have to get in a fist fight over it... the little details count...

and if that Jetta was truely a GLX built the way it shows... it would have been alot closer...

I wasnt going for accuracy.

But the Jetta would have lost regardless, FWD is garbage in dig races. I should know, lol, I've lost enough in my slow Honda B) .

Lulz

Edit: not serious, I dont street race, its gay.

I think I could write the script for Ratsun the movie.  

Character 1- "What the fuck happened to the classifieds?"

Mod Character - "We fixed it so there's less policing of stupid comments in people's for sale threads."

Character 1 - "I shall now secede from this site and start my own."

Montage of boob pics.

Enter the trolls.

Everyone stops paying attention and works on Datsuns for a while.

CANBY!!!!!!

roll credits

• Like 4