• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, mostly English, but put together from a lot of Roman and Egypt measurements involving span, hands, horses and wieners. I "think" the French are the ones who came up with the metric system, like around 1800 or a few years before that. Too lazy to look it up due to how tired I am from dividing fractions.

It's nice to know that with all that is going on in the world today, the UN Secretary General took time out of his busy schedule to inform me of this great opportunity.  Apparently Dingmans Ferry PA is the new Caymen Islands.

I AM BRINGING TO YOU THE PEACE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ON THIS EASTER
PERIOD WHICH WILL BE A MONTH OF JOY TO YOUR LIFE.

I AM MR.BAN KI-MOON THE SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE UNITED NATION.

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT I HAVE GATHER ALL THE INFORMATION TODAY
FROM THE FBI AND EFCC OF NIGERIA WHICH MADE ME TO UNDERSTAND THAT MANY
PEOPLE HAVE USE MY NAME TO SCAM YOU IN REGARDS TO YOUR FUND WHICH I
HAVE NEVER APPROVE SINCE THE PAST TIME THEY INFORMED YOU TO CLAIM YOUR
FUND WHILE NOTHING WAS APPROVED THEN BUT IT WAS TODAY WHICH YOU WILL
BE RECEIVING ONLY $2.7 MILLION DOLLARS BECAUSE WE STILL HAVE OTHER 7
PEOPLE TO COMPENSATE LIKE YOU AND WE HAVE DIVIDED THE TOTAL FUND TO
ALL BENEFICIARIES AND YOUR SHARE IS $2.7 MILLION DOLLARS ONLY.

WE HAVE DECIDED TO STOP ANY TRANSACTION IN NIGERIA BECAUSE THE
SCAMMERS THERE HAVE SPOILED OUR NAME WITH THERE MEANINGLESS SCAM WORK,
SO WE HAVE DECIDED TO TRANSFER YOUR FUND TO YOU FROM OUR HEAD OFFICE
IN UNITES STATES OF AMERICA WERE NO BODY CAN SCAM YOU FOR ANY REASON
BECAUSE YOU AREvDEALING DIRECTLY WITH MR.BAN KI-MOON THE SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE
UNITED NATION.

THE SUM OF $2.7MILLION DOLLARS IS ASSIGNED FOR YOU NOW BUT YOU ARE
REQUIRED TO OBTAIN OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE FROM THE UNITED STATES
AUTHORITATIVE COUNCIL WHICH WILL ONLY COST YOU $120.  ONLY FEE TO PAY.

PLEASE FASTEN IMMEDIATELY TO THE WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM AN SEND
THE $120 WITH THIS INFORMATION.

RECEIVER'S NAME: Iosif Ivanovich Kolesov
ADDRESS: 168 West Wood Drive, Dingmans Ferry, PA, 18328, USA
QUESTION: West
ANSWER: Wood
MTCN..........
SENDER'S NAME:...........
SENDER ADDRESS:........

ENSURE YOU SEND THIS MONEY TO THE ABOVE INFORMATION AS SOON AS YOU
RECEIVE THAT I WILL ENSURE YOU GET YOUR FUND WITHOUT DELAY.

THIS IS THE ONLY FEE TO PAY AND GET THIS LEGAL APPROVE FUND.

WAITING FOR THE PAYMENT INFORMATION OF THE $120.

REGARDS.

MR.BAN KI-MOON
SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE UNITED NATION.

The reason that the Phillips tip came before the "Square Drive" (who the hell is this Robertson dude trying to claim the square) is because screws were hand fabricated, and making a square hole in the head of a screw was a very difficult task.  Since we have advanced casting or stamping abilities, the square drive is possible.  The progression makes sense:  Minus Tip, Plus Tip, Square Tip.  I fricken love square drive.  I converted my whole company a few years back, and that is all we use.  Aside from Penta Plus tips that are seriously pretty badass as well, but not readily available.  

The reason the us never converted to metric was that the government determined it would have cost too much money to make all new road signs

I remember when I was a kid freeway signs would give the distance to a destination in Imperial and Metric units.

Robertsons dont work so well when the bit is at an angle to the screw, Philips at least tries to work well.

Yes I hate philips screws.

I kinda like torx, they look nice and function well. And can often be taken out with an allen key in a pinch.

That damn penta-plus would piss me off. Especially meaning I can only buy the driver from them... HELL NO! That way they can price gouge on it. And what is all the fuss with Phillips? Stop using a drill on the highest setting and you won't strip them out!

Its because philips dont give direct torque into the screw that I dont like them.

At work sometimes I have to pull a certain screw. its put in with red loctite. This screw is on a moveable panel. Because its a philips and the shear about of force I have to put into the screw, I have to put all my weight into the screwdriver, while someone else has to push from the other side of the panel. A square or torx would be a much better option.

The girl at the beginning of the vid... on the board musta broken her neck or something :( .... some stuff shouldn't be in videos ............

:rofl: ----> 8:21 ....  I keep thinking mortal kombat "finish him".... watched it 8 times now... :lol:

That damn penta-plus would piss me off. Especially meaning I can only buy the driver from them... HELL NO! That way they can price gouge on it. And what is all the fuss with Phillips? Stop using a drill on the highest setting and you won't strip them out!

We use Penta plus when we don't want others fussing. And they work well for us