Name that wrench...?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spark plug wrench ? what size is it ?

It's a whole set.  This particular one is 19mm, the largest I got.  The rest are kind of buried right now, but they go down to probably 8 or 10mm.  But maybe you're on to it...they could be for sensors/senders perhaps...?

looks like a hi-loc wrench for  some big ass hi-loc fasteners

a hi-loc is like a cross between a rivet and a bolt. its a blind stud with a hole in the middle for an allen wrench. you put the hi-loc wrench on it and turn while holding the allen key to keep the stud or pin from turning. once the fastener reaches a pre determined torque it snaps off leaving just the collar on the pin. they are used almost exclusively in aviation in tight hard to reach areas that are subject to high stresses. 

In my 30 + years of throwing spanners around I've never seen one of these and I have to say I like it!

If cdub aint right on it's actual description, and someone works out exactly what it is, please post in this thread.

I need another toll I'll probably only ever use once in my life in my tool box.

• Like 1

I want some Carlos wrenches!

There is gonna be a day, like a year from now or more, and I am gonna be dong a job and there is gonna be some spot where I absolutely have to have this exact wrench and I will then shout out loudly at the heavens

"CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 3

Damn. I sat on some Carlos fasteners for like 5 or 6 years now. Not having any idea how to work with them. I threw them out last year figuring I'd never find the right tool. Now you post this? Fuck!!! Damn waste of Carlos fastners.

• Like 2