Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.  Was following news about the IDX concepts, was curious what you OG guys thought about it and started following your discussion.  Over at Zilvia, most of us are digging the new concepts.

I like the news that the cars are to feature interchangeable body panels and headlights to create different looks.  I think that will help make the cleaner look that some are hoping for.  But I love the fact the Nissan seems to be considering us guys who like customizing our cars with front-end swaps and widebody areo.

But just wanted to share a few photochops some Zilvia members cooked up showing the IDX's potential to see if you guys still hated it...

idxnismo-0edit7.jpg

1459293_633140903395355_396066732_n.jpg

With RocketBunny aero,,,

63273d1385084017-2011-240-other-future-r

• Like 3

a company that makes reliable, durable engines that can run miles up to 250k+ is shitty I guess... :laugh:

The way Toyota builds things is honestly a bad joke. Try working on a Supra, any of them. They are like an engineering comedy squad.  Yes they can make some awesome long lasting reliable cars/engines. But they can also make EVERYTHING on a car utterly too complicated for what it is, and cock up someone elses design, who they endlessly use. Toyota partners with more companies to use more of their ideas than any other Japanese company.

Subaru? Okay, so Toyota doesnt make some of the most reliable engines on the planet all of a sudden? so we need to put an engine in that sux, and is terrible to work on, has far less power than a Civic Type R, AND is from a different Japanese company? uhhhh......

BMW? Again, they cant make a Supra by themselves? They need a BMW engine? really? I dont get it. (read the news if your not caught up on that one)

Lotus. Lotus used Toyota engines (the best thing from Toyota) Lotus also designed the suspension for the supra MKIII and MKIV, then Toyota changed it and cocked it all up and made it shit.

• Like 1

The way Toyota builds things is honestly a bad joke. Try working on a Supra, any of them. They are like an engineering comedy squad. Yes they can make some awesome long lasting reliable cars/engines. But they can also make EVERYTHING on a car utterly too complicated for what it is, and cock up someone elses design, who they endlessly use. Toyota partners with more companies to use more of their ideas than any other Japanese company.

Subaru? Okay, so Toyota doesnt make some of the most reliable engines on the planet all of a sudden? so we need to put an engine in that sux, and is terrible to work on, has far less power than a Civic Type R, AND is from a different Japanese company? uhhhh......

BMW? Again, they cant make a Supra by themselves? They need a BMW engine? really? I dont get it. (read the news if your not caught up on that one)

Lotus. Lotus used Toyota engines (the best thing from Toyota) Lotus also designed the suspension for the supra MKIII and MKIV, then Toyota changed it and cocked it all up and made it shit.

Is you opinion based on what you can read on Wikipedia articles?

"Everything Toyota builds is a joke"? Dude you drive a Honda...

I dont know where wikipedia comes in to play here........but ooooook.

Honda has won more races in their much shorter company history than both Toyota AND Nissan. Did Gordon Murray beg Nissan and Toyota to build the engine for the McClaren F1?

and I didnt say everything, but if you have worked on a bunch of toyotas (especially supras) alot of the stuff is terribly engineered. I am not talking about engines (well, mostly).

I actually like a lot of Toyota shit. I am just saying.

Brand hate, ahh, it never gets old. Or less amusing.

Wanna hear me talk shit on Honda? Well, go to a Honda website. I figure you guys just dont wanna hear it.

Fuckers arent even bringing their new 270hp turbo engine here.

I am irritated just as much by different things about all 3 different manufacturers, their all equally stupid and equally genius depending on what product we are talking about.

I dont know where wikipedia comes in to play here........but ooooook.

Honda has won more races in their much shorter company history than both Toyota AND Nissan. Did Gordon Murray beg Nissan and Toyota to build the engine for the McClaren F1?

Dude Really... the engines produced for non-production racing programs like F1 and the like have absolutely NOTHING to do with the manufacturer's production equipment. Now if we're talking about something that actually matters here, like manufacturers production car racing, that you really need to get your facts straight. Nissan towers over Honda Toyota, and every other Japanese manufacturer.

Has Honda held a record 83 SCCA manufacturers championships? Nissan/Datsun has. 

How about winning the African Safari Rally Championship out right 7 times, Nissan has. 

Baja 1000? a Datsun 510 and a Datsun truck truck won that in their class as well.

Nissan also:

Won at Dayton 4 years in a row.

won 24 hr at Lemans in their class 2 times

12 Hours of Sebring wins third years straight 5 time total

4 consecutive IMAS GTP Manufacturers Championships at the Daytona 24 Hour, taking the overall victory for the second year in a row.

IMSA GTS Manufacturers title

the Z holds 3 world land speed records

Nissan Held the Track Record for production cars at the Nürburgring Northloop

Where the fuxk was Honda?

These are the numbers that actually count when you're talking about an auto  manufacturer's race success.

1968, 70, 71, 72, 73 SCCA, C Production Championship ,

1970-75 IMSA SR class, AAGT class, and UGT class Champ,

1971, 72, 74, and 75 Datsun absolutely dominated the ARRC B, C, D, class.

1971, 72 Trans AM Manufacturers title

1974 Datsun got it's first Bonneville Salt Flats land speed record, 

1976 Datsun won a total of 455 races and rallies, seven national championships, and 3 manufacturers titles. Z cars won 79 percent of all national races in C Production, 510's, 610's and 710's won 80 percent of all B sedan races. B-210's took 60 percent of the C Sedan races, 1600 and 2000 roadsters took D and G production. Datsun cars and trucks won numerous rally championships, A Datsun truck won the Baja 1000, Nissan/Datsun has won the African Rally Championship out right 7 times, and a Z car set another speed record in F/GT class at Bonneville.

Start here:

http://www.datsunhistory.com/Racehistory1.html

• Like 2

[ ] not told

[ ] told

[ ]Very told

[X] STONE TOLD STEVE AUSTIN

[X] TEXAS TOLD 'EM

[X] Toldspice

[X] KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC

[X] Cash4told.com

[X] GREAT CALIFORNIA TOLD RUSH

[X] JAMES BOND: TOLDFINGER

• Like 3

Awesome!  :D  Lolz.  Back to the current issue at hand and in response to the fellow from zilvia:  No, it still looks like a drifter box van wannabe and that chin spoiler will soon look chipped and shitty, as do all chin spoilers by anyone who doesn't live in a pristine concrete environment with curbs 1 cm high.

Here's another idea for the IDx regarding my complaint it's too tall.  Take my original suggestion and cut 4-6 inches out of the middle of the car longitudinally, and then mate the halves together.  Oh, that's right, the wheels are too big, can't do that.  I have a solution for that:  Give it 16" wheels for fuck's sake!  No one wants 18s, all that means are little to no tire choice and expensive tires.  There are loads of sizes available in 16".

Dude Really... the engines produced for non-production racing programs like F1 and the like have absolutely NOTHING to do with the manufacturer's production equipment. Now if we're talking about something that actually matters here, like manufacturers production car racing, that you really need to get your facts straight. Nissan towers over Honda Toyota, and every other Japanese manufacturer.

Has Honda held a record 83 SCCA manufacturers championships? Nissan/Datsun has. 

How about winning the African Safari Rally Championship out right 7 times, Nissan has. 

Baja 1000? a Datsun 510 and a Datsun truck truck won that in their class as well.

Nissan also:

Won at Dayton 4 years in a row.

won 24 hr at Lemans in their class 2 times

12 Hours of Sebring wins third years straight 5 time total

4 consecutive IMAS GTP Manufacturers Championships at the Daytona 24 Hour, taking the overall victory for the second year in a row.

IMSA GTS Manufacturers title

the Z holds 3 world land speed records

Nissan Held the Track Record for production cars at the Nürburgring Northloop

Where the fuxk was Honda?

These are the numbers that actually count when you're talking about an auto  manufacturer's race success.

1968, 70, 71, 72, 73 SCCA, C Production Championship ,

1970-75 IMSA SR class, AAGT class, and UGT class Champ,

1971, 72, 74, and 75 Datsun absolutely dominated the ARRC B, C, D, class.

1971, 72 Trans AM Manufacturers title

1974 Datsun got it's first Bonneville Salt Flats land speed record, 

1976 Datsun won a total of 455 races and rallies, seven national championships, and 3 manufacturers titles. Z cars won 79 percent of all national races in C Production, 510's, 610's and 710's won 80 percent of all B sedan races. B-210's took 60 percent of the C Sedan races, 1600 and 2000 roadsters took D and G production. Datsun cars and trucks won numerous rally championships, A Datsun truck won the Baja 1000, Nissan/Datsun has won the African Rally Championship out right 7 times, and a Z car set another speed record in F/GT class at Bonneville.

Start here:

http://www.datsunhistory.com/Racehistory1.html

The problem is, well, that doesnt actually make your point. Nor was I unaware of ANY of that. Nor did you post any facts about Honda to compare with. You just posted a bunch of information. Thanks for that. Helpful, but no you didnt actually succeed in making a point.

Just more stereotypical, uninformed Honda Hate. Big surprise.

Try actually educating yourslef about a company before talking shit on them, otherwise you just look like an ass hat.

Also take note:

I love Nissan much more than Honda. I am on a NIssan website. I am restoring a Nissan, I used to build S13/14s, I build Nissan stuff for other people, I dont do any of that for Honda, except the occasional repair or something.

But the Honda hate, only points out which of you are ignorant.

Incredibly uninformed.

And majorly hilarious to listen to and  laugh at when you say things like " but its a Honda"

Frankly it fuels my fire to love Honda more and be even more enthusiastic about my Honda. I actually love it to be honest, its bloody well hilarious, cause its just more uninformed people in 'Murica. And nor is that, a surprise.

Captan my captan,

Yes Sir, I understand now. You've made your point abundantly clear. You're trolling here, so even when you're totally wrong, you're right. 

Honda hater? Well let's see, I own an Acura MDX now, and I've owned a CRX and two Civics in the passed. You're right captan, I must be a Honda hater. Holy shit, I had no idea how ignorant I was. Bro, I must have looked like a total fool. Thanks for setting me straight.

So let's see here, I did my homework and presented my case, but failed to make my point. Now you want me to do your homework and present your case for you. Yep, that makes perfect scenes. I'll get right on that.

Oh boy, I can't wait for my next lesson.

Well, all you did was actually regurgitate someone elses already compiled facts.

Honda has a very broad and colourful race history as well, but if you had done your research then you would already know that. Just look at the current SCCA WC records since 1985.

I mean, Soichiru Honda was literally all about racing 30+ years before he started the Honda Company. It was started and brought up in racing. He was a race car driver, he built race car engines, He basically made his company around racing.

Not to mention that he started making cars 30+ years after everyone else in Japan. Honda didnt really race very much in the days where you mainly were talking about, they had only been making cars for about 5-10 years at that point. And even with that massive setback, by the mid 80's Honda was dominating tracks all over the world, and have continued to from then until now and still do.

And Honda has been a top dog in motorcycle racing for nearly 50 years now. That counts, sorry, it does, because if you have worked on both then you know how similar their cars and bikes are, all the tech from their motorcycle racing carries over to their cars, and vis versa. Shit this even applies to Toyota, a whole lot of their cylinder heads are designed by Yamaha, and the valving setup is IDENTICAL. They even use the same adjustment shims AND buckets in a 1JZ, 2JZ, 7M and a Yamaha FZR1000, oh yeah, and the Ford Taurus SHO, And the 1ZZ engines. All have Motorcycle racing technology from the absolute most wining motorcycle racing company in the world, Yamaha.

JGTC victories in the last 8 years place Honda only slightly behind Nissan. 3 vs 5, and Toyota ahead of all of them.

Sorry to call you a Honda hater, but You are the one who presented yourself that way. Hondas race history is at VERY LEAST as epic and awesome as Nissans.

Front end looks like a new school Camaro with early 70's celica rear. Made to look modern of course. I hated it at first, but it's kinda growing on me. Doubt I'd buy one though.

I totally agree, the BRE front has that Camero feel, but it also has a late 80s Skyline vibe. I was dinging this car pretty hard, but it's growing on me too.

Well, I'm going to take the dog for a walk and the garage isn't warmed up yet, just barely fired up the wood stove.  I may try and do some photoshopping after lunch.  I have some ideas that would make it better, perhaps if I submit them visually, Nissan will get a clue.

They mention the ability switch panels and parts around on the two models, Id really like see the BRE with quads. I think it would make it a ton better. 

My impression is that they made two versions to see witch would get more positive feed back. Just found this though:

"Nissan is studying a plan to build it using a spaceframe body construction and lightweight composite body panels that can be swapped out to offer a high degree of vehicle personalization. Consumers would be able to configure the vehicle online, choosing different lights, trim and panels."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20131120/OEM04/131129987/nissan-idx-evokes-an-old-datsun-to-reach-teenagers#ixzz2lb9R3ZDK 

Follow us: @Automotive_News on Twitter | AutoNews on Facebook