new comer saying hi. ( not just "hi" but like how freddy krugger would)

i have been on this sight before and used many times for its useful information... so as i know there is a "pics or didnt happen" thing going on here ill be sure to load some. i shall tell you a little bit about myself

i live in marysville washington, i have a wife and a dog. a 79 rabbit diesel and a 79 d50 project that me and my friends are working on. my profession in this world is marine and industrial hydraulics and heavy equipment repair. with some special metal fabrications tossed in. 

i have a shop in my back yard riddled with welding machines, a mill, and a lathe, and yes i know how to use them. 

i have a deep lustful passion for datsuns, and really... and old car of character... 

i like sites like these becuase it gives me hope and ideas... the things one can learn by reading in projects, what it takes, and all the blood sweat passion....

for me its a love novel. that actually hits close to home. 

i owned a datsun for a very short time and my dreams and hope were stripped away when i got in an accident and had to remove alot of things from my life. 

i am a much different person since that event and now i am moving forward in life. new chapter new book....

i hope to make some friends and help out in this community as much as i can. and share my projects and my love for awesome cars.

so here is my current project its not a datsun but some day i will have a goon for when children are involved....

its gunna be a bit out of order but i dont really care. im sure you can get the gist.... i stripped the truck and started over. and as of now the engine and trans are waiting for me to finish mock up of the axle and then slide in to build mounts and install

20130701_094150.jpg

20130628_190120.jpg20130628_190047.jpg20130629_101736.jpg20130723_184208.jpg20130723_184415.jpg20130726_175314.jpg20130802_195921.jpg

20131109_151635.jpegs

so i hope that the video works.

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/dirtydieselETWN/media/d50/20130810_120320.mp4.html

anyways thats me .

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in case anybody needs to know the combination of things....

its a mitsubishi mighty max

with a small bloc chevy

th350 trans

ford oneton dually

and ill be fabricating the exhuast and mufflers from coffee cans ad i think one old school hersys syrup can. ( still dialing in the tig machine for the thin materials)

cant do anything with the steering until the motor goes in the hole....

Well, it's not a Datsun, but at least you're yanking that Mitsushitty motor out and putting something decent in.  (I know it's a Chevy, but it's still better than the motor that came in that truck) ;)  Now go buy a Datsun!

348s??? are just smaller 409 truck motors. Kid back in high school had a 3 deuce 348 in his '62 Impala.

Guy near me that works in a wrecking yard has a 318 D-50. Kool little truck. Watch out, or the guru will start thinking of getting rid of his 210 and starting a D-50s UNITE thread.