JAF and Nissan

So....after learning of the stupidity of Nissan (slow down....) that went into finishing details on my Xterra, I am now looking for some new emblems/badges.  Turns out to help the assembly monkeys line up the emblems/badges, Nissan drilled pilot holes into the body that would mate to posts on the emblems/badges.  Guess I can't go badgeless on the Xterra without having to fill the pilot holes....which I'm not going to do. 

So, while looking around for some new emblems I came across these JAF badges and was curious what JAF was so I found this on wiki.  Now, I think I could pull this off on the 510 and not be put into the sucker class....but with the Xterra......I'm not so sure.

So, what does ratsun think of the JAF badges?  (they do come in a series of colors for reproductions and I thought I found some vintage badges that were near $100 each)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Xterra is a rockin name because it is clever....but either way, it could be a fun idea to flip the names around and confuse everyone else about what it is.

But....jaf seems to be AAA? Complete turnoff from that idea....AAA is lame unless you are 60+ years old and/or live in Florida.

Sighhh.....any other ideas for rebadging my xterra? (Just realized this may not turn out well with this crowd....oh well.)

....AAA is lame unless you are 60+ years old and/or live in Florida.

Thats AARP, NOT AAA.

AAA-American Automobile Association

just like

JAF-Japan Automobile Federation.

Thanks captain for not being a retard, lol. other dude on the other hand.....  :confused:

Wait how is AAA redundent?

If you make a roadside call through your insurance, your rates will raise.

I tried that route. Rates got raised because of a roadside call for a flat tire.

Honestly, they are the absolute best roadside assistance in the United States. No insurance company has a national network of associated roadside assistance providers. They all go through third parties.

I mean its not even that much money. I compared it to three insurance companies roadside and only one was marginally cheaper.

Since this is a thread titled "JAF and Nissan" and JAF is the Japanese AAA.......

Yeah, an Xterra badge from the generation you don't have. There ya go. ..... Xterra is what succeeded the pathfinder. There isn't a "alternate" badge really....

First gen Xterra was called a 'paladin' in China. It's a spin off the frontier, but SUV style, like I said... Succeeding the pathfinder.

Second gen Xterra is actually on the same platform as the titan. They made it beefier. Then came the armada.... Much beefier.

Yeah, an Xterra badge from the generation you don't have. There ya go. ..... Xterra is what succeeded the pathfinder. There isn't a "alternate" badge really....

First gen Xterra was called a 'paladin' in China. It's a spin off the frontier, but SUV style, like I said... Succeeding the pathfinder.

Second gen Xterra is actually on the same platform as the titan. They made it beefier. Then came the armada.... Much beefier.

You can actually swap the suspension from a titan onto an xterra, which gives it a badass appearance and slight lift....but it is costly. Maybe titan it will be.

from wiki      "It is built under license by Pars Khodro in Iran as the Nissan Roniz, and in Chinaby Zhengzhou Nissan Automobile as the (JapaneseNissan Paladin) since 2003. The Paladin uses the same chassis and running gear as the first generation Nissan Xterra, and the 2.4L KA24DE engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The front end is from the local Pickup. (The second generation Xterra model is only available in North America.)"

get some Roniz badges!    see how long it take homeland security to come check out your SUV!

• Like 1