JCCS 2013 pic thread

fivetengarage

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't get all the 510's that were there. 32 pages on a 510 website and some 510's are missing! What gives?

I swear I saw this car in Tacoma Washington today. Where is this car from? Is it a Cedric or a President? I've never seen one before 

^i love it but i dont think it belongs at japanese CLASSIC car show. 

but then again, if i had my way, i dont think id want any 1980 or younger car there

Agree. 1980 and later cars have distinct construction.

No rain gutters, plastic covered bumpers , completely different dashboards, no more windshield, rear glass and all around window trim, side mirrors integrated to the side glass area, etc.

Just for reference, a lot of people have mentioned that the cutoff should be metal/chrome bumpers. Anything that doesnt have them is not part of the same culture as JNC/JCCS.

how about the te72 Toyota corolla, here in the states = gay plastic park bench bumpers, but jdm= nice chrome bumpers, would they qualify?

how about the te72 Toyota corolla, here in the states = gay plastic park bench bumpers, but jdm= nice chrome bumpers, would they qualify?

Probably, because they came stock on the car

after seeing that how can you be bothered with 80's plasticky bumpered cars like cressys?

Cressidas aren't really in the same catagory. They are old school but they wouldn't really fit into the vintage slot unless its a 1st gen

• 1 month later...

http://For 2014, JCCS will celebrate a true milestone--its 10th anniversary! It is a huge milestone, one that has seen the larger collector-car world warm to the idea that Japanese cars are as historic, important, collectible and fun as any other automobile. We have all walked together to represent the beauty and historic importance of Japanese classic cars, and your participation has helped change the prevailing tide of opinion. No one raises an eyebrow when we say "Japanese" and "classic car" together in the same sentence anymore. We are forever grateful to you for helping to make this happen. In order to continue this march toward respectability, we will be making some important tweaks to the rules of eligibility in the months ahead. Stay tuned for more precise details, but we are going to be looking more closely at entries; particularly those cars with dents, rust and primer. We love and appreciate unrestored vehicles, but for 2014, we will be limiting entries ofunfinished or accident-damaged vehicles. We mention this to you now because we know that many of your cars are works in progress, and machines cars like the ones that form the foundation of JCCS cannot be built overnight. Acceptance will be handled on a case-by-case basis, and so we ask that you aim to have your car finished for September 27, 2014 so that we can have the strongest JCCS show yet!

• 4 weeks later...

^i love it but i dont think it belongs at japanese CLASSIC car show.

but then again, if i had my way, i dont think id want any 1980 or younger car there

But isnt it, by definition, classic cars are anything 25 years & older? I thought i saw a 1st gen MR2 in a JCCS once.....or was that TORQ?

also saw these

04.JCCS2012%288%29-M.jpg

04.JCCS2012%289%29-M.jpg

03.JCCS2012%2839%29-M.jpg03.JCCS2012%2835%29-M.jpg

05.JCCS2012%287%29-M.jpg

07.JCCS2012%289%29-M.jpg

07.JCCS2012%2812%29-M.jpg