My New Datsun

misspentyouth

Here is my new 1974 Datsun 620.  It has 54,000 original miles, garage kept, one owner.  Still has the original key chain that came when car was purchased.  Also has the

plastic warranty card still inside the warranty brochure inside the glove box.  Truly a barn find.  Just put a Webber carb on it.  Runs like a top!!  Just trying to decide what to do with the wheels.  Go custom or just put larger painted steel wheels on it.  Decisions decisions decisions!!!!!

plastcic IMG_06331_zps2707eb06.jpg

IMG_06551_zps570280ae.jpgmm

IMG_06561_zps99ec4b58.jpg

IMG_06571_zps94c345c8.jpg

IMG_06461_zpsf368c9d2.jpg

IMG_06581_zps09635861.jpg

IMG_06591_zps3b232f2c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous, that's awesome! That seat is freaking gorgeous! Paint the front grille black with the chrome bezels, white walls, and crank the torsions!  O yeah, remove the side trim, rear steel bumper, and front cow prods or whatever they are.

Lovely. One year only that had a 5 bolt 225mm flywheel. Keep the steelys and go slightly wider tire. It's too original to mess it up.

Does that mean I have the bigger flywheel too? I have a 74

Wow! Great time capsule!

I agree about the white walls. I got uniroyal tiger paws for mine. 195/75-14 (maybe 70?) I think there are really only a couple white wall sizes available for 14" wheels. ike 185 and 195.

I'll have to look again at mine for the size.

I've had the Tiger Paw on a couple other cars, I like the way they look, wear and drive.

OR there is a member here selling some custom made 15" steelies in the classifieds. I think they are a rally type center on a little wider rim. I think they'd look really good with stock dogdish caps mounted.