Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

From what I understand, fuel expands when it gets hot, so the theory is, the transition in density from cool to hot may have an effect on the air fuel mixture. I figure this is small potatoes though. Instead of a MAF, my ECU monitors and averages the intake temp and barometric pressure to correct mixture, but that system is blind to fuel temp. I have an 02 sensor, so maybe I can program the ECU to adjust the fuel mixture with a third data source. Or should I say I can get my neighborhood wiz kid to do it for me.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure I would even mess with it. One of the guys that I run at the sand dunes with, has a blow through setup, into a carb (similar to what I built for my buggy), he ran his fuel return line back into a 'tee' in the line before the pump. I told him that would not work worth a shit. Well, I have been proven wrong on that over the last 3 years of him running it that way without a single hiccup. Seems goofy to me still, but a guy can't really say it won't work when it's working.

• Like 1

The cool can doesn't make more hp it simply prevents you from making less with over heated fuel and air.  Anything that drops the intake charge temperature will increase the density and reduce the chance of heat detonation. This is one of the reasons the L20B has a fuel return line.

Nah. Chrome reduces power. Red or yellow anything under hood makes Vtec YO! power! Especially red or yellow wire loom, the more, the better.

And that ealier picture, the engine block is fine, that's a breather hole. Is supposed to be there.

Nah. Chrome reduces power. Red or yellow anything under hood makes Vtec YO! power! Especially red or yellow wire loom, the more, the better.

And that ealier picture, the engine block is fine, that's a breather hole. Is supposed to be there.

Nah you both got it wrong, it's black and yellow FTW Yo!

8C4E127B-9BB9-45A5-AC32-452766F48CE8-498

thought there was a cool tools thread but I cant find it 

so I will post this here 

cabinet face clamp it clamps two cabinets together and flushes the face , works fantastic 

IMG_20140527_103921_421_zpsbk7xba8o.jpg

thought there was a cool tools thread but I cant find it 

so I will post this here 

cabinet face clamp it clamps two cabinets together and flushes the face , works fantastic 

IMG_20140527_103921_421_zpsbk7xba8o.jpg

If you ever need specialized woodworking tools these guys are great. Prices are fair but really high quality. I bought a whole set of Swiss wood chisels from them, prefer them to 2 cherry's, marples, or Henry Adams

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.woodcraft.com%2F&ei=VM-KU9X5HY-JogSJtYHoAg&usg=AFQjCNGHZ342Q-y6aoZvHZX6d7h_RTmwww&bvm=bv.68191837,d.cGU

• Like 1

What the fuck is it with the khaki pants and rich dudes?  I think they all got together and decided on the wardrobe they should all wear on the weekend. A 'look at me and how relaxed I am being just one of the guys' outfit. "Oh and don't mind my wife in her 700 dollar sunglasses who just sits in the BMW making a face like she stepped in dog shit, I'm one of you, really".

• Like 2

Is it OK to flick boogers at my dog for licking my face?..... and then he licks the scar where his balls were.

How can sunglasses be worth any amount above #20 or $30??? Are the frames carved out of Narwhal horn? The lenses ground from volcanic obsidian? The hinges and screws from iridium? The nose pads from skin of aborted Himalayan Snow Leopard fetus?

• Like 1