cell phones and driving

wow this think blew up 

there are many good points here 

the main one is distracted drivers are the problem not the devices  they just add more for them, to do 

many people have trouble just driving with no other distractions at all 

I am in wayno,s category  people want to talk to a human

we control and  organize multiple jobs on our phones while going from job to job 

I have trouble hearing on hands free devices I use my speaker phone alot and set the phone on the center console 

and if I hit my brakes to hard and the phone launches to the floor I dont try to grab it I just say in an elevated voice I DROPPED MY PHONE I WILL;L CALL YOU BACK IN A MINUTE 

when I was teaching my daughter how to drive I told her DRIVING ALWAYS COMES FIRST WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING everything else is secondary including the radio 

• Like 1
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No sane person equates 5 mph to 100 MPH.At 5 MPH on flat ground,i can physically stop my vehicles FROM the outside.Do you suggest I try that at 100MPH?

Also the statistics don't validate your position.

Please post a link to the Krauts opinions.

You just called the second best driving country in the world insane, basically because of their opinions that make them the second best. And as I said, depending on year, and on average that is almost every year. We have more fatalities from accidents. The statistics are fairly easy to find

You can run a person over at 5mph, and in fact this summer in the USA it has happened twice to children by parents, and at least one of them was on the phone. AND THATS JUST WHAT WAS REPORTED!

As I said, I feel the way an entire country of GOOD DRIVERS feels,  I and they, all think you are the insane one here.

I dont need to post a link to the Germans opinions. I have German friends and hear this ALL THE TIME, I know people IN GERMANY. THIS IS A FACT NOT AN OPINION.

Your erroneous opinion is giving me the impression that YOU are one of the people that I have to watch out for in this state of nothing but terrible drivers. I mean honestly its amazing that a person from Arizona is criticizing my opinion on this. Especially when Arizona is the state with the worst drivers in the entire US. At least that is my experience. And I have driven everywhere that is landlocked. This state is incredibly high for fatalities, and has more red light violations than any other in the US. We were leading for distracted driving and drunks for a while too, but I think that has changed now.

1)You just called the second best driving country in the world insane, basically because of their opinions that make them the second best.2) And as I said, depending on year, and on average that is almost every year. We have more fatalities from accidents. The statistics are fairly easy to find

3)You can run a person over at 5mph, and in fact this summer in the USA it has happened twice to children by parents, 4)and at least one of them was on the phone. AND THATS JUST WHAT WAS REPORTED!

4)As I said, I feel the way an entire country of GOOD DRIVERS feels,  5)I and they, all think you are the insane one here.

6)I dont need to post a link to the Germans opinions. I have German friends and hear this ALL THE TIME, I know people IN GERMANY. THIS IS A FACT NOT AN OPINION.

7)Your erroneous opinion is giving me the impression that YOU are one of the people that I have to watch out for in this state of nothing but terrible drivers. 8)I mean honestly its amazing that a person from Arizona is criticizing my opinion on this. 9)Especially when Arizona is the state with the worst drivers in the entire US. At least that is my experience. 10)And I have driven everywhere that is landlocked. 11)This state is NUMBER 1 for fatalities, 12)and has mor red light violations than any other in the US. 13)We were leading for distracted driving and drunks for a while too, but I think that has changed now.

WOW-You never tire of being wrong,do you?By the numbers:

1)No-I called YOU insane.Untill you post proof-your wrong.

2)Fatalities from accidents?What does this have to do with cell phones?Stop re-directing the discussion.

3)SO what?People run people over because THEY AREN'T FUCKING PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

4)Post your (credible)source.Untill you do-it's all bullshit.

5)Me insane?Funny.No chargable accidents since 1976.That includes 500,000 miles of Rig driving.

6)Yes,you do need to post it.Untill you do,it's bullshit.

7)My opinions are fact.

8)Why is it amazing?People who are wrong need to be criticized and you are wrong.

9)WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.Massatwoshits has worse drivers,as does Ca,NM,NJ,NY and Ct.The drivers you see here are snowbirds from OTHER STATES.

10) Obviously,you haven't driven in as many places as you claim.

11)WRONG again.

http://vehicle-fatalities.findthedata.org/

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/departments/nrd-30/ncsa/STSI/USA%20WEB%20REPORT.HTM

12)So now we are talking about red light issues?Again,you've re-directed the discussion because you have gotten "whooped".But since we're here,why haven't you mentioned the fact that the cities & towns have shortened the yellow lights so they can ticket more people?Gee-that would have nothing to do with your fuzzy statistics now,would it?

13)There is no category for distracted driving.Nor have we lead the drunking driving category either.Here's proof:

http://www.centurycouncil.org/state-facts

WOW-You never tire of being wrong,do you?By the numbers:

1)No-I called YOU insane.Untill you post proof-your wrong.

2)Fatalities from accidents?What does this have to do with cell phones?Stop re-directing the discussion.

3)SO what?People run people over because THEY AREN'T FUCKING PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

4)Post your (credible)source.Untill you do-it's all bullshit.

5)Me insane?Funny.No chargable accidents since 1976.That includes 500,000 miles of Rig driving.

6)Yes,you do need to post it.Untill you do,it's bullshit.

7)My opinions are fact.

8)Why is it amazing?People who are wrong need to be criticized and you are wrong.

9)WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.Massatwoshits has worse drivers,as does Ca,NM,NJ,NY and Ct.The drivers you see here are snowbirds from OTHER STATES.

10) Obviously,you haven't driven in as many places as you claim.

11)WRONG again.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/departments/nrd-30/ncsa/STSI/USA%20WEB%20REPORT.HTM

12)So now we are talking about red light issues?Again,you've re-directed the discussion because you have gotten "whooped".But since we're here,why haven't you mentioned the fact that the cities & towns have shortened the yellow lights so they can ticket more people?Gee-that would have nothing to do with your fuzzy statistics now,would it?

13)There is no category for distracted driving.Nor have we lead the drunking driving category either.Here's proof:

http://www.centurycouncil.org/state-facts

As I said your the standard, ignorant, and arrogant Arizona driver.

Who cant admit their wrong.

I dont need to google shit for you sir, You are a big boy, If you dont believe me, take the time to prove me wrong. You can do you own research, I am not Reuters. come back when YOU have the facts.

Also, I am from PA, I had to drive with people from all those states for years, They are better than AZ drivers IMHO.

Also, nothing you posted actually PROVES anything.

OH YEAH, I have been "whooped" by an AZ driver, lololololoolololololololololol. hilarious. You should get back to your Cell phone, I thnk you missed a call, maybe you spilled your coffee too.

Honestly, get used to it, its not news that Americans cant drive man, apparently it is to you. Cell phones are one problem that could be eliminated.

IBTL

DRIVING ALWAYS COMES FIRST WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING everything else is secondary including the radio 

I just do not comprehend why that is so hard for everyone to understand and not do it. I truly do not comprehend how you drive a classic and justify talking on your phone while doing so. I truly dont comprehend how you justify any distraction from talking, to drinking coffee or soda in your car at even 5 mph, while driving any car, EVER.

Thats just me. But hey, Im an insane moron I suppose.

As I said your the standard, ignorant, and arrogant Arizona driver.

1)Who cant admit their wrong.

2)I dont need to google shit for you sir, You are a big boy, If you dont believe me, take the time to prove me wrong. You can do you own research, I am not Reuters. come back when YOU have the facts.

3)Also, I am from PA, I had to drive with people from all those states for years, They are better than AZ drivers IMHO.

4)Also, nothing you posted actually PROVES anything.

5)Honestly, get used to it, its not news that Americans cant drive man, apparently it is to you. 6)Cell phones are one problem that could be eliminated.

IBTL

1)That's because I'm not wrong.

2)Yes,you do.As it will support your side of the discussion.The ONLY conclusion that can be drawn form your FAILURE to post supporting articles is that they don't exist and you have made up everything.

3)Pennsyltucky?And no, they are NOT better drivers than TRUE Arizonans.Once again,you fail to acknowledge facts.A VERY high proportion of Az. drivers are transplants/snowbirds.And in the Phoenix area,you compound that with the large influx of Kalifornians.

4)I post data from multiple sources all REFUTING your posts and it's wrong.You post opinion with no backing data and it's right.Now who has the problem here?

5)It's true a lot of Americans can't drive.However I have proof i'm not one of them.

6)Cell phones will NEVER BE ELIMINATED.And the foremost reason why is the Cops.And i'll bet money you can't figure out why.

I'll be nice and give you a hint:It has to do with "lane-splitting on motorcycles" in Ca.

1)That's because I'm not wrong.

2)Yes,you do.As it will support your side of the discussion.The ONLY conclusion that can be drawn form your FAILURE to post supporting articles is that they don't exist and you have made up everything.

3)Pennsyltucky?And no, they are NOT better drivers than TRUE Arizonans.Once again,you fail to acknowledge facts.A VERY high proportion of Az. drivers are transplants/snowbirds.And in the Phoenix area,you compound that with the large influx of Kalifornians.

4)I post data from multiple sources all REFUTING your posts and it's wrong.You post opinion with no backing data and it's right.Now who has the problem here?

5)It's true a lot of Americans can't drive.However I have proof i'm not one of them.

6)Cell phones will NEVER BE ELIMINATED.And the foremost reason why is the Cops.And i'll bet money you can't figure out why.

I'll be nice and give you a hint:It has to do with "lane-splitting on motorcycles" in Ca.

really man? I mean honestly? bad examples. just crappy.

1) wrong about which point, some things your right about, some your not.

2)You havent shown any facts that show anything I have said to be incorrect, except the inter-state facts. But I still feel my opinion is more reflective of the real driving situation in the US. you have a FAILURE to show any facts on how its just as safe to drive at any speed with a cell phone.

3)Yes they are. Arizona is the worst state I have ever driven in, and I have driven in most of them, and all the states you mentioned. The second you cross over this state line, the drivers get horrendous.

4)learn to use google, I know people IN THE COUNTRIES I MENTIONED AND PEOPLE WHOM HAVE DRIVEN IN BOTH.

5)You fail to show any proof of that. You have stated only that you are a distracted cell phone using Arizona driver.

6)so what, make a law that says that the police can use them, then make it convenient so they dont have to do it with a phone to their ear, problem solved, hands free, easy peasy.

Lane splitting is a safety thing. I wish every state had that law, It is the best thing about cali. Not to say some people dont abuse it and act like morons, but when used correctly, lane splitting saves lives. I have actually saved my own life on 3 separate occasions by lane splitting, once in cali, and twice illegally in AZ.

I have had two of my favorite vehicles destroyed, and might I add these accidents were %100 unavoidable. and both were caused by a distracted driver on their phone in one way or another.

I never had an accident in PA. Not once. Never saw one either that wasnt some hardcore serious shit. I see 2-3 every single day out here, all of them are stupid,. failure to pay attention accidents.

Then just doing a count ( I actually did this) 1 out of every 3 drivers ON A GOOD DAY is on their phone.

I go back to PA did the same count, guess what, I got 1 out of every 7.

well I see this going south fast 

pointing fingers and really man 

I didnt want it to go this way but I guess when you ask for opinions on something you should expect a locked thread eventually

thanks for all the input

IBTL 

The most amusing part of this is that if you actually read all the links z-train posted, you will find that they show data that supports that I am %100 right about Arizona being one of the absolute worst states to drive in. Even though he posted them to prove me wrong........

Argueabley "massatwoshits" is one of the safest places to drive in the entire country, AZ has 3 times the fatality rate and we have almost the same amount of citizens! Mass. actually has more people there.

Not sure where he got HIS data, but that statistic came from data that HE posted.

It doesnt matter what state your in or how well you might think you drive when using your cell phone.If your on your phone texting/talking your'e distracted and a danger to others ! im more concerned about cell phone users than drunk drivers when im on the road.Oh yeah,IBTL.

• Like 1
FACT
fakt/
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts
a thing that is indisputably the case.

OPINION
noun
noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's ok to have either but stating an opinion as a fact or to appear as a fact is wrong. Opinions can NEVER EVER be wrong. A fact by definition should be true. A stated fact that is wrong is.... a lie.

• 11 months later...