thank u for helping with my zipper....

jrock4224

I never put the pan on untill very last thing to do. WHO told you that.?????????? I see some people do that with thew cahin installed and wedge which is not needed. to much chance of not going on right. just line up brite links to dimples and should be OK.

when cking the cam timming I lightly put the from cover back on then dial it up to Zero FROM THE CRANK then ck the cam timming.DO not dial it up from the cam sprocket to get Zero on crank timming

If you use the cahin with the bright links its pretty much moron proof and just ck the cam sprocket for the V in the right spot. if not then move it to another number.

.o12 is nothimg to worry about but yoou could have bought cam tower shims if you wanted too. Silver seal I thinbk is the brand

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah the pan idea was one drunken night bored after riding ... wanted to get the pan on there ... as soon as I held it up I was like .... ok that was dumb...what was I thinking....ot using the chain with the bright link so moron proof is not applicable.... moroning goes on frequently in my projects./......

yeah not using the bright link chain ... prolly gonna try spot two again tonight ....no one ever answered . the manual says spot 3 is for 6cyl... I assume this is true ... it also said the motor was factory set at 1 then moved to 2 if stretched ....and 3 wasn't used except for in 6cyl.......bu it never notates if its referring to pre 74 620 or post  so I have no idea if there talking the l16 620 or the l20...

oh shit. maybe... like someone marked where it was, huh?  but, I remember it feeling more like cracks.  especially the one to the right that goes to the little hole, right above the W10.

Ill have to take the cover off again.  for further inspection...  I stopped driving it for fear of it letting go.  

oh shit. maybe... like someone marked where it was, huh?  but, I remember it feeling more like cracks.  especially the one to the right that goes to the little hole, right above the W10.

Ill have to take the cover off again.  for further inspection...  I stopped driving it for fear of it letting go.  

W10..????....thought it said DIM????.... :D

Pull it or turn it...check it out to confirm no cracks

Shirley just scratches................... :)

• Like 1

2013-09-09_18-16-32_770_zps0c57ff2b.jpg

Someone tried to scribe a line at one 'point'....

Can also see a mark on one of the sections to the right.

'Reference' for prior TC removal and or.

yeah I thought this when u sent me the pic ......I was like hmmm those look like scribes ....I think your fine....

well last night I hit up the shop for a few with the daughter...... she got her clothes soaked in the pool while I was reneging my timing chain.... popped it all off......spent ten minutes looking for the tensioner  spring after it shot across the garage floor... lol...tossed the gear on 2....made sure I was at tdc first ....and boom ... almost oem settings ...couldn't be more right on I think ......like I said not using the bright links so counted the number of pins/links and its on the money ......now if I could just find the front cover bolts im missing....hans 1.5 yo daughter picked up several and hid them ...... she's too cute to be mad... and if worse comes to worse I will just steal his off his l20 when he's not looking

so thank u everyone for helping me with your input and insight....again ratsun proves to be invaluable...thanks