521 with a 1.3L?

Esteban

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

521s never came with a 1.3l and everyone is lying.... unless of coarse you count the l13 in foreign markets....

You do know thanks to someone trolling someone like this i got rhe wrong torque specs for a hg and blew it for undertorqing it. I googled it and cause the guy didnt search they trolled him. I went on that thread and did as they said. Was kinda pissed after.

You do know thanks to someone trolling someone like this i got rhe wrong torque specs for a hg and blew it for undertorqing it. I googled it and cause the guy didnt search they trolled him. I went on that thread and did as they said. Was kinda pissed after.

hence why i make it kinda obvious...... btw l series torque specs on the head bolts is 16lbs on an l16, 18 on the l18 and 20 on the l20b... the zcar guys have it bad wit the 24,26,and 28lbs stuff....

The 520 used the J13 motor up through '68. The first year 521 with a J13 motor is a '69 L521. (one year only) '70 and on with the L series 1600 is a PL521.

521s never came with a 1.3l and everyone is lying.... unless of coarse you count the l13 in foreign markets....

I think he said 1.3 l(iter) not L series.

I have no idea why someone would say that the datsun 521 did not come with a J13 engine(1.3L), I bought one and turned it into my 521KC project, and here are the VIN tags to prove it, I will admit that my VIN tag looks like crap, but if one reads the numbers on the door jam tag, and the engine compartment tag, you will see the same VIN numbers, L521-148020, manufacture date of 6-1969, and the engine compartment VIN tags clearly has 1299cc for an engine size, it was a J13 block.

DSCN1614.JPG

DSCN1616.JPG

hence why i make it kinda obvious...... btw l series torque specs on the head bolts is 16lbs on an l16, 18 on the l18 and 20 on the l20b... the zcar guys have it bad wit the 24,26,and 28lbs stuff....

cracks me up, newer cars: 

1. Step 1: 72 ft. lbs. (98 Nm). 
  2. Step 2: Completely loosen all bolts. 
  3. Step 3: 26-32 ft. lbs. (34-44 Nm). 
  4. Step 4: plus 90-95 degrees clockwise. 
  5. Step 5: plus 90-95 degrees clockwise.

The 520 used the J13 motor up through '68. The first year 521 with a J13 motor is a '69 L521. (one year only) '70 and on with the L series 1600 is a PL521.

I think he said 1.3 l(iter) not L series.

yeah i was making a funny.... interwebz sarcasm failure..... but the 521 for a very limited time did come with a L13 in the us....my dad saw one back in the day with a 1300 valve cover.... id kill for a 1300 valve cover to put on my l/z24.... no its just a stock L13 hahaha

cracks me up, newer cars: 

1. Step 1: 72 ft. lbs. (98 Nm). 
  2. Step 2: Completely loosen all bolts. 
  3. Step 3: 26-32 ft. lbs. (34-44 Nm). 
  4. Step 4: plus 90-95 degrees clockwise. 
  5. Step 5: plus 90-95 degrees clockwise.

is this for real?

I have done some trolling myself... but, I hate it when I search shit and read a bunch of threads with the response of "SEARCH BUTTON" or the likes...   For those that want/need to know, these quotes are what you should focus on.

J=13 521 trucks had a 4.88 rear axle ratio.  They can be quick from a standing start, but they are not a 80 MPH freeway cruiser.

what you should focus on...

They came with them in both 68 and 69.  :)

I have no idea why someone would say that the datsun 521 did not come with a J13 engine(1.3L), I bought one and turned it into my 521KC project, and here are the VIN tags to prove it, I will admit that my VIN tag looks like crap, but if one reads the numbers on the door jam tag, and the engine compartment tag, you will see the same VIN numbers, L521-148020, manufacture date of 6-1969, and the engine compartment VIN tags clearly has 1299cc for an engine size, it was a J13 block.

DSCN1614.JPG

DSCN1616.JPG

HAHA!  sorry.  but in your post you said the 1st 521 was 69 and its not.  68 is first year for 521...

Not according to everything I have. The last L520 was September '68. October '68 would be the start of the '69 model year L521 with the L designator for the J13 motor. The '70 model year was the first use of the L16 in the PL521 with the P for the L16..

I will challenge authority...  I know its a very minute topic, but....

crossover year?  I know im on the internet (and anything thats on the internet is true, right?) same for print...  but, seems the 68's that popup have the smaller 520 taillights.   seems to be a recurring thing.   facts vs evidence.  I like debate and dont  care about being wrong. 

I hate searching and finding threads that link threads that have dead links.  Including the damn sticky posts....