So now the whole office needs to go through sensitivity training.

Laotsu,

Guns may have no place in your modern society.  But in another society, we use them to hunt on the weekends too feed our families.  Society without guns is not an improvement.  Ban them in cities, take away assault rifles, even big mags, but don't take gun from people.  They are a tool, and just like any tool, idiots should not hold them.  And I'm really not into the U.S. gov deciding who is an idiot, so...  I get it, senseless violence is really shitty, but your looking at the problem wrong.  

And regarding bulldozing Hawai'i and turning it into one huge military base.  You already did that.  It's not funny.  U.S.A. has a huge set of great achievements under it's belt, and has reason for pride.  But it's fucked up a bunch of times.  And Hawaii, as well as north America are prime examples.  How was it again?  Oh yeah, we have bigger GUNS!!!  Yo.  

Choose to be proud of the right things, and find humility in shame.  When culture is washed, so is knowledge.

What Mr. Big Tanker is referring to is Island culture, where no man can run from his problems.  They deal with them, cause it's an island and it will come back to haunt you.  Everyone knows everyone, and secrets are not a realistic expectation.

Mr. Big.  I know exactly what you are saying, and I've lived in the US for several years feeling the same things.  It still sounds bad when you lay it out like that.  I can't blame others for taking offense and shooting back.  

And to all, if all you've seen of Hawai'i is Oahu, it is unlikely that you will understand this perspective.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And related to the topic.  If she was really crafty, this would effectively save her from getting fired.  If she had fear of termination, this would certainly complicate a managers decision to fire.  I wonder...

here's a page from your team's playbook... "Why don't you go back where you came from?" Bruddah.

Guns are a relic of the past that have no place in modern society, much like your views Mr. bigstanker. :w00t:

Hawaii should be bulldozed and turned into one huge military base, Filipinos grow better pineapple.

As far as North versus South in CA... we can make money but you can't grow water. Aren't most Republicans from Eastvale?

Why yes most republicans live here were i live libtard.Guns play a major role in modern society dont like them dont buy them that simple.hope the cops get there in time.

Laotsu,

Guns may have no place in your modern society.  But in another society, we use them to hunt on the weekends too feed our families.  Society without guns is not an improvement.  Ban them in cities, take away assault rifles, even big mags, but don't take gun from people.  They are a tool, and just like any tool, idiots should not hold them.  And I'm really not into the U.S. gov deciding who is an idiot, so...  I get it, senseless violence is really shitty, but your looking at the problem wrong.  

And regarding bulldozing Hawai'i and turning it into one huge military base.  You already did that.  It's not funny.  U.S.A. has a huge set of great achievements under it's belt, and has reason for pride.  But it's fucked up a bunch of times.  And Hawaii, as well as north America are prime examples.  How was it again?  Oh yeah, we have bigger GUNS!!!  Yo.  

Choose to be proud of the right things, and find humility in shame.  When culture is washed, so is knowledge.

What Mr. Big Tanker is referring to is Island culture, where no man can run from his problems.  They deal with them, cause it's an island and it will come back to haunt you.  Everyone knows everyone, and secrets are not a realistic expectation.

Mr. Big.  I know exactly what you are saying, and I've lived in the US for several years feeling the same things.  It still sounds bad when you lay it out like that.  I can't blame others for taking offense and shooting back.  

And to all, if all you've seen of Hawai'i is Oahu, it is unlikely that you will understand this perspective.  

I try to get long with every one but when stupid people say stupid things,they remind me of guys that play video games on line they all say what they want cause no one will find them.thats the joke but if we were together we would get along all so well.lol

Personally I think we should all relinquish our guns and support pacifism.  Give a mass-murderer a hug.  C'mon people, let's do it!  Of course, people still get killed in prison and it's not due to guns.  Look at Australia.  Ban guns, stabbings go up, go figure.  Doesn't matter what you have or don't have, people just like killing people.  I think we should eradicate half the world's population on a general basis, but which half?  Ah, the quandary.

But on a serious note, maybe if people were just, I don't know....nicer....to each other, we'd make some progress?  Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Look at Australia.  Ban guns, stabbings go up, go figure.  Doesn't matter what you have or don't have, people just like killing people.  

The Kiwis banned guns in response to several mass shootings, as a result of the ban not one mass shooting has occurred since. No mass stabbings either.

Guns are fun but dumb.