610 radiator upgrades?

I find myself possibly in need of a new radiator, but I don't seem to see any aftermarket (or even OE style) radiators online (or on ebay, etc.)?

Looks like the 620 radiator may be the same/similar? Obviously a 510 radiator would probably work although looks to be a bit smaller. 

Any thoughts? Perhaps Fiero radiator? Used to be a 510 "upgrade" although a tad oversized (not a problem for the 610). 

Any feedback on the "Champion" radiators on ebay? They make them for the 510 and 620. 

487_Diagram.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They Also Make 3 Row Fiero Rad

Fits Perfect In A 610

Can't seem to find a new one though? From the factory the 4cyl Fiero used a 2-row, and the V6 used the 3-row, but when you look for them new online it seems all you can find is the 2-row. 

FWIW, my measurements say the stock unit is 22.5" wide and 20" tall. The Champion 510 unit is 22" wide and only 16.5" tall. So unless you want to block off part of the opening (probably on the bottom, for looks) it might be a no go. 

I ordered a 180b specific rad from Australia just because i don't want to play around with rad hoses and brackets. 

Definitely don't want to mess with hoses and brackets too much...

Someone did an aluminum 240z rad on here

The ones I'm seeing online are about 3-4" wider than stock and 1" shorter. 

FYI, the later 620 (L20b) radiator is bigger, almost the same size as the 610 radiator (same height but 2" narrower). Those are on ebay for $170 in aluminum.  

• Like 1

104_1708.jpg

The s13 radiator 240sx for sr is very cheap with dual fans even on Ebay , like 150$ I was going to notch top of frame but drain fell in one hole in top of frame and I was already sliding over .I made bolt in oval holed angle lower mount for stock rubber grommets for 240sx/s13

REDnGOLD is correct. I have a 78 810 3-row radiator. No custom brackets. I needed to drill 4 new holes in the core support. The radiator had a "fin" on the edge to align and I drilled straight through for new hardware.