What kind of racing do you guys like?

35 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of racing?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all forms. Especially Australian V8 Supercar and F1. 

Those of you who have never been around grassroots drifting will never see at for what it is. We all like doing out of control things. Burnouts, donuts, hard launches. Drifting incorporates some of the most out of control actions that any form of racing is famous for. 

it's about looking like you're as out of control as possible, but still physically being in control. Not about finishing 1st, or before a certain time. it's about fun and adrenaline. There's nothing about it even remotely close to figure skating or dancing. That's just how some of you older guys see it. it's new. Just something unusual that most of you guys aren't used to.

Watch an event, smell the burning rubber for hours, the sound of screaming cars flying past you sideways at (sometimes) 90+MPH is pure fun.

Watch this video and maybe you'll see how we see it. From 8:40 on is good ;)

Those of you who have never been around grassroots drifting will never see at for what it is. We all like doing out of control things. Burnouts, donuts, hard launches. Drifting incorporates some of the most out of control actions that any form of racing is famous for. 

it's about looking like you're as out of control as possible, but still physically being in control. Not about finishing 1st, or before a certain time. it's about fun and adrenaline. There's nothing about it even remotely close to figure skating or dancing. That's just how some of you older guys see it. it's new. Just something unusual that most of you guys aren't used to.

Watch an event, smell the burning rubber for hours, the sound of screaming cars flying past you sideways at (sometimes) 90+MPH is pure fun.

I dont think anyone is denying the visual appeal to drifting... just that its not racing. 

That's all fine, because drifting isn't racing and shouldn't even be included in this poll.

• Like 1

That's all fine, because drifting isn't racing and shouldn't even be included in this poll.

I dont think anyone is denying the visual appeal to drifting... just that its not racing.

Why isn't it racing?

the dictionary defines a race as: 

-a contest of speed, as in running, riding, driving, or sailing.

-any contest or competition, especially to achieve superiority

So what if the point isn't to finish in 1st or complete your lap before a certain time? Grassroots drifting may not be racing. But there are plenty of sanctioned events where drifting is judged and their is a goal.

Why isn't it racing?

the dictionary defines a race as: 

-a contest of speed, as in running, riding, driving, or sailing.

-any contest or competition, especially to achieve superiority

So what if the point isn't to finish in 1st or complete your lap before a certain time? Grassroots drifting may not be racing. But there are plenty of sanctioned events where drifting is judged and their is a goal.

Because a races whole point is to come in first and not be judged. 

Anything but brag racing... skill levels of dropping the hammer in a world class dragster compared to controlling a world class rally machine are very different. Plus most guys who are solely into brag racing are all about ego, and very ignorant towards other forms of motorsports, which makes for a very poor entertainment factor unless you like girly drama lol.

-Robert

• Like 1

Because a races whole point is to come in first and not be judged.

No, that's not true. Mainstream racing would lead you to believe that, but you don't ALWAYS compete to be in front.

I do love me some down home dirt racin

Dirt racing has been in my family for decades. My cousin's picked up where everyone left off and races now. Not sure what class. Might go see some dirt action tonight.

No, that's not true. Mainstream racing would lead you to believe that, but you don't ALWAYS compete to be in front.

Sure, let me rephrase then... the point of racing is to finish in the desired physical position against other opponents. The point of racing is not to look pretty compared to your opponents. 

Drifting is for sure a motorsport that takes skill, but its not racing. 

Freeway racing, now that's a rush... When I was younger, and careless. 

Don't put other people's lives at risk for a short run of fun. Take it to the track if you're serious.

Also, if you're caught, straight to the crusher if I remember correctly. (At least here in California, and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's still in effect)

Freeway racing, now that's a rush... When I was younger, and careless. 

Don't put other people's lives at risk for a short run of fun. Take it to the track if you're serious.

Also, if you're caught, straight to the crusher if I remember correctly. (At least here in California, and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's still in effect)

Yes, they crush the cars.  :hmm: