Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lolz. 

lowering blocks. 

2 or 3" 

go with the 3"

30 bucks at pep boys and similar.

theyre universal. make sure you buy the kit with circular (not square) u bolts

You can also swap 720 4x4 springs in. They are flatter with less arch so you sit lower.... and they are stiffer so it lessens the chance of bottoming out on dips in the road.

Do NOT remove leaves. While it will lower the ride height is softens the spring rate and the truck will travel farther on bumps and will bottom out easier. TO BE AVOIDED!!!

With 720 4x4 leaves and 2-3 inch lowering blocks, Id think you'd need to have the 2 degree angle on the blocks for 2" and 3" but for 3" Id think you'd also need to make a spacer for the carrier bearing as well.....

What do you think datzenmike?

Drop it and measure them. The two angles must equal each other or angle in equals angle out. On my 710 with 2" drop blocks it 'hummed' slightly. I found the tilting the diff down slightly equalized the two angles at the U joint and... nice and quiet... totally different car now.

I used a plastic protractor and string with a washer for a plumb bob. Car has to have wheels on ground but you can raise the rears and set down on something so you can slide under to measure.

A U joint does not turn in a circle... instead it tries to travel in an oval that splits the difference in the center of the bend it's in. Because of this IT has to speed up and slow down. This acceleration and deceleration is the vibration you feel. By placing two U joints 180 out of phase they cancel each other out.. BUT they must have equal angles to do this or one is traveling at a different speed and it vibrates. .

• Like 1

Ask Chester he did this. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28158-chets-620-project-cuz-turbo/page-5

Here is a oic of it now after i did the 720 4x4 leafs and front shocks. I wasnt thinking it was going to drop it as much as it did but i like where it is. Now i have to do a little notch since the axle is about an inch from the frame. I should be doing that here in a couple weeks when i get the time to take the bed off. 022011120915.jpg

Wow, looks like about 3" from where mines at now hahah, that's probably exactly,where I want to be. I hope I don't piss anyone off with the fender roll and pull that will have to ensue if I want to keep my wheels lol. It's a shame it's so hard to find body parts for these this, I don't know if I could do it, but I'm going for a pretty aggressive stance.