1200 autocross project Texas

Bolt on, then adjust at transmission end. Adjust the free play to 2 mm.

539.jpg

Then after bleeding, go up to the pedal and confirm you can push it down 1" with your pinky. No play is very very bad. 

GGzilla sent me this almost a year ago and I finally got the clutch bled. I can push the clutch in way more than 1" with my pinky, but i might have a very strong pinky finger. The slave cylinder does not begin to engage for the first 2" of pedal travel but is very light until about 2" from the floor, then it starts to get stiff. Watching the slave cylinder from under the car, the cylinder has a linear travel through the clutch pedal depression. It's been a long time and I don't remember the clutch being that light.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cold North Texas weather relented enough today to get some finish up work on the A-14 dis assembly. Crank and cam out of engine.

IMAG1255_zps7pyqfqdq.jpg

This engine is really clean. What I found today made the 700 mile, 12 hr. round trip from DFW to Fayetteville AR to pick up the engine well worth the trip.

IMAG1256_zpsfoggrly6.jpg

Crank and cam. Both in great shape.

IMAG1259_zps8uyfnf7e.jpg

When I pulled the crank, I found this metal plate held on by 2 screws. It was on the left side of the block, next to the #4 cylinder. Why is it there and what does it do?

IMAG1260_zps3qpvk21v.jpg

Thanks for the info Draker & DF! I didn't want to take it off until I knew what it was for. I have now hit the point in the project that I now have to spend money instead of just supplying my labor. But that's progress.  :thumbup:

Can't do much more to the A-14 without spending money so I pulled the rear bumper. All the chrome trim is going to be powder coated or painted to simulate black chrome. I had a test done on one of the badges and it turned out very good. I need to see how it looks on a larger piece with flat surfaces.

Bumper off.

IMAG1283_zpsirsztox5.jpg

IMAG1280_zpsowjjesq7.jpg

This is the test piece. I am fairly certain that the rubber bumper pads are not available because during all of my research for this project, I have never seen one for sale. Never really cared for them anyway. I'll find some similar head bolts and go with the clean bumper look.

IMAG1282_zpsezsh0j5f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Those are so cute!!!   :rofl:

That's exactly what my boss said. He wanted to see what was in my Rock Auto shipment. He has an '84 Porsche 928 and has the same problem finding parts that I do. His are just more expensive. And a hell of a lot more complicated.

After deciding on the color combination for the build, bright yellow paint and black chrome trim, I have done a lot of research to make the end product as close as possible to the target. Real black chrome is almost impossible to obtain, so a close representation is what I am trying to get. After interviewing many powder coating shops in the DFW area, Pat, owner of Atlas Protective Coatings in Denton TX came up with the best plan. They have a clear black that if applied to a shiny chrome, will closely simulate black chrome. I need to have a test piece re-chromed for the powder coating company to try to achieve simulated black chrome. This is what I started with. A bumper guard that will not be reused. I always thought they were ugly, I like the clean bumper look.

IMAG1282_zpsezsh0j5f.jpg