new to the forum heres is my new 620

91hrdbdy

been sorta following this form since i bought my first 73 620 about 4 years ago. ive since sold that one and just bought a new one. here is some pictures

its a 74 and ive got a lot planned. 

temporary_zps369e34ce.jpg

its has a ka24de swap and it seems to have been done fairly well 

temporary_zpsa1bd28ef.jpg

it had a few vacume leeks and a bad coil wire but i got that all taken care of. as soon as i get my other project out of my shop ill start on this. 

i havent had a mini truck since i built my hardbody so im excited to get started. 

here is my hardbody. 

40208_10150259523115354_6339286_n_zps29f

i still have it just like you see it there but i dont really drive her much any more. i couldnt get the northstar v8 smoged when i move to cali. so it sits. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest corvair-air

welcome to Ratsun 

the ka is a great motor and the truck looks great 

cant wait to see what you do to it 

motors are electric,   this would be an ENGINE.

• Like 1

im really torn between bagging and bodydropping it. or doing a the same 4 link setup and running a full set of coil overs and doing more of a track truck. i would ditch the whole front end and run a full double arm front clip in it. so it Alot more work. but i all ready have the hard body and i have my bagged and bodied 79 malibu ... decisions decisions. 

so i did a little work today on the new toy. i got rid of those racing seats in favor of a bench seat. but i have to build a seat bracket so i fab up some tubing and did this.(forgive the mess)

temporary_zpsa81064b8.jpg

i had to notch the seat frame and do a little stiching to clear the 240sx tranny but i think it came out okay.. 

here is the seat just set in place. ill get some final shots tomorrow. looking forward to driving this thing here this week. 

temporary_zps93951914.jpg

it is the third row seat from a yukon. I like it because it has the seat belts built in. so when i build the seat frame i tied it in to the body mounts on the back and i made a roll cage mount plate that i welded to the floor and did a 4"x6" .250 plate on the bottom side for reinforcement. 

• 2 months later...

well here is a little update on my 620 

i re did everything lol no seriously. every time i tackled a different problem i found more issues and i got fed up and ripped all the wiring out a replaced it with a 21 circuit GM harness spent a few days making all the Datsun switches work so that all done i have a fully working dash cluster. 

temporary_zps97318352.jpg

WP_20130918_001_zpsf4ddc3db.jpg

after that i tackled the radiator the truck would randomly over heat so i replaced the thermostat and found the radiator was extremely small and held it with zip ties and a little l brackets bent from 22ga sheet.the part number came out as a 1.2l Datsun 1200 radiator. i felt it was too small for the ka24de. so i upgraded it to a 72 Z car aluminum rad i had to trim the core support a little more. but in doing so i found the previous owner had chopped the core support and did no reinforcements so i cut the core support to round out all the square corners and built some structure and re structured the  upper core support.  to keep it from flexing you can see how much was cut out from the previous owner. 

temporary_zps9504bee3.jpg

temporary_zps42f42059.jpg

temporary_zps238b7c8c.jpg

so im on the last leg of the wiring Im going to be moving the battery to the bed because the P.O. cut half of the inner fender out and made a jankie new piece. so until i have the time roll some new inner fender this will have to do.

WP_20130912_002_zpsec72634c.jpg

i mounted the Ecu and CAN-AM box in the glove box and make a sheet metal glove box with a rolled lip so it looks smooth and still allows me to access the ecu and place reg and insurance paper work in the glove box.

temporary_zps47669926.jpg

temporary_zpsfb9804a6.jpg

temporary_zpsd5e7ccd7.jpg