cross country road trip!

Ill be taking a road trip out to Arizona to take a friend out to pick his stuff up, we'll be leaving from ga.  What all is on the way thru there to stop and see/do?  we will have a whole week to kill heading out there and back.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be taking a road trip out to Arizona to take a friend out to pick his stuff up, we'll be leaving from ga.  What all is on the way thru there to stop and see/do?  we will have a whole week to kill heading out there and back.

San Antonio river walk and the Alamo in Texas!  Don't forget the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater once you get there.

Edited by MikeRL411

If you go through Oklahoma city /Tulsa route,, stop in a place called Tahlequah Oklahoma there is a huge gun museum there ,, more than well worth the detour.

http://www.thegunmuseum.com/

If you have the time,, that river walk mentioned above is pretty epic also

• Like 1

If you're going that route it will be via I-10, you'll miss meteor crater and the grand canyon, which is ok, but just so you know. On your way through Tucson visit the Pima Air and Space museum, that's something that cannot be missed.

• Like 1

were are definitely goin to the southern part of Az I just got to talk to my friend and he said we will be going to benson. so no grand canyon or meteor crater. but hopefully we will find some stuff to stop and check out, I want to go check out Carlsbad caverns.

If you're going that route it will be via I-10, you'll miss meteor crater and the grand canyon, which is ok, but just so you know. On your way through Tucson visit the Pima Air and Space museum, that's something that cannot be missed.

Titan missle silo

Carlsbad Caverns....its Batty.  If you smoke cigs and travel through this state...keep your butt in you car please :)  we got fires eva where.

If you come back on I40 you could ride "The Worlds Longest Tram" in Albuquerque

• Like 1

Carlsbad Caverns....its Batty.  If you smoke cigs and travel through this state...keep your butt in you car please :)  we got fires eva where.

If you come back on I40 you could ride "The Worlds Longest Tram" in Albuquerque

no worries I cant stand cigs lol, im hoping to have some extra cash to make it up to the grand canyon and a few other places by the time we go out there.

im gonna be doing some side jobs and go thru the garage tomorrow to see what datto and 240 parts I can sell to get some extra cash to do things.   he's paying for gas and food to go out there and back so I will have a little bit of cash to work with for shenanigans lol.

Guest roseyroseyrose

check out the arizona-sonora desert museum while youre near benson....its on the other side of tucson, but a stunning drive and a great day out!

http://www.desertmuseum.org/

if ur looking for somewhere to get a beer, try the surly wench on 4th ave.....i live in the same neighborhood and when i do go out, i go there......its really friendly place, laid back, yummy food, good music, and a great air hockey table.....booyaa..... :ninja:

• Like 1

check out the arizona-sonora desert museum while youre near benson....its on the other side of tucson, but a stunning drive and a great day out!

http://www.desertmuseum.org/

if ur looking for somewhere to get a beer, try the surly wench on 4th ave.....i live in the same neighborhood and when i do go out, i go there......its really friendly place, laid back, yummy food, good music, and a great air hockey table.....booyaa..... :ninja:

As much as I would want to go drink I wont be able to lol.  were going to be sleeping in the car or tent somewhere and the last thing I need is me plastered in the middle of somewhere I don't know.  lol.  :hmm: