Anyone trance fans or EDM?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dubstep is good, like I love Xcision, but I hate Skrillex!

My favorite techno artist (Crystal Method) has mixed their traditional drum n' bass sound with dubstep on their latest album, and I think it sounds awesome!

And I too hate the stereotype of drugs going with techno music. It's like assuming all punk fans are petty criminals and skinheads. Or all us Metalheads back in the day were satan worshippers. Although I do believe the myth that country music fans are inbreeding rednecks, LOL!

Then again, I have liked electronic music for a long time...

Herbie Hancock: RockIt, 1984

I got into it my junior and senior yr listening to Daft Punk of course and a few others, wasn't until 09 when I went to/worked my first rave. My old boss was a big deal back in the underground partys in the 90's throughtout SoCal and decided to partner up with some people to throw juju beats in 09. Anyway I didn't get to enjoy it too much because I was focused on working thinking I was going to get a big pay out if we sold a lot. It was cool seeing so many people dressed up and just enjoying themselves with no issues for a single night and the music was pretty cool as well. My buddy and I had two chicks flirting with us the whole night, got to enjoy the last hour or so of it and actually saw a couple going at it without a care in the world until security kicked them out lol. Since then iv'e been to several like EDC, several HARD events, some underground events, honestly I can't remember all of them.

This is one of my favorite dj's to see perform he always has a killer set and really knows how to move a crowd...

P.S. These threads are a bad idea when I'm around, I can post about my favorite songs and DJ's all day lol!!!

• Like 1

<p>But it would be kinda cool to experience the huge number people from other countries. But I would go broke going to either of these festivals</p>

There are a few shows out of the states that I want to go to.

First is formally Trance Energy now known at just Energy

Second is Sensation White

Third is Tomorrowland

you know they were bringing sensation to the states right?

Autocorrect on my phone "dinner".

I've always wanted to go to Europe and hit some raves and experience their night life.

I had a friend who went, she goes a lot because of dual citizenship, and says the shows here are nothing compared to over there.  Just the productions in their shows shit all over ours and the fact that we have no big spaces like they do.

I'm a huge fan of electronic music and have been listening to it from way back in the day of Kraftwerk, Yello, ZooLook, Jean Michell Jare. I've stayed current by my association the Burning Man and my little brother Cervates who is a DJ in Socal. He spins for gatherings like Moon Tribe, and Dklips. His turned me on to some serious shit over the years like Bassnector, White Papoo, BeaverBlink, Eskmo, Tipper.

I turned Cervantes onto binaural holographic recording techniques. Traditional stereo reproduces a flat 180 degree soundstage and with faze manipulation it can reproduce depth, but this Holo recording produces a totally 3D soundstage. Some seriously sick shit out there with DJs who are using this to put you in a virtual audio space. Use headphones for this 

• Like 1

Ok this is the last one (I think) this dudes production and dj skills are mind blowing, he's my fave dj when it comes to bass music. I actually got to play at a show with him in pasadena two yrs ago. Iv'e been dying to see him and the lable he's on come to the states but they hardley do becasue most folks are riding the trap wave which is cool im just disappointed people forgot about dubstep. Anyway...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wdPN2u1oII