Anyone trance fans or EDM?

Just seeing how many of you listen to the trance.  If so, share your favorite DJ and what got you in love with the music.  Ill start.....

Markus Schulz is by far my favorite DJ.  I started listening to Trace in high school.  No I was not a drugy.  :P  At the time I didn't know there was festivals and events happening around me.  My first thing I went to was LoveFest in San Francisco.  For those that have gone before you know what I am talking about.  I instantly found out that there were clubs but at the time almost everything was 21+.  I was only 18.  Then I saw a flyer for a show on NYE at Ruby Skye (2009) for 18+ and Markus Schulz was the headliner.  After that it was all history.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Markus Shulz used to DJ at "The Works" here in Scottsdale, AZ years ago, before the place was shut down. He was their resident DJ. He played awesome tracks back then (mid 90's), and his CD's now are still excellent. Tiesto is always good, especially the Elements of Life album. I have a crap ton of Trance music, some old, some new. The good stuff never gets dated. I've loved it for probably 18 years now.

This is good too, a more recent find:

• Like 1

Glad to see there are some others!  Another epic duo is the mashup KINGS... Myon & Shane54.  Also just so happens that my favorite vocalist is Aruna Abrams who is married to "Myon" and they have a group called Velvetine.  Some banging stuff.

norin & rad. above & beyond. :thumbup:

Totally agree.  Have you heard Boom Jinx?  He toured with A&B for a while.  Great DJ.  

The last trance I was in was this, but in my defense it was an illegal move!

That is some seriously funny shit right there,, are you the cobra pharaoh guy or the guy in speedo outside the ring??

(announcer)

He must be re-incarnated by re-run only in a different , lighter body!!

:rofl: :rofl:

I agree that dubstep sucks. The erratic beat and rhythm ruins it. Trance and house, that's where it's at. It's funny to the "outsiders", who don't know the difference between techno, house, trance, etc....saying it "all sounds the same". When you like this kind of music, you can tell the differences. Just because you like one, doesn't mean you like them all. I love trance and house, but don't always care for regular techno. I like the music and melodies in trance.

I agree that dubstep sucks. The erratic beat and rhythm ruins it. Trance and house, that's where it's at. It's funny to the "outsiders", who don't know the difference between techno, house, trance, etc....saying it "all sounds the same". When you like this kind of music, you can tell the differences. Just because you like one, doesn't mean you like them all. I love trance and house, but don't always care for regular techno. I like the music and melodies in trance.

Dubstep is not music.  It is random noises.  Seriously my washer can make it.   :rofl:

Its funny when you do like this kind of music everyone that hasn't listened to it or even gives it a chance to listen to it says "it all sounds the same" and "its just the same thing over and over".

Once you get to know this music you will be amazed how many different genres and "sub" genres there are.  

just cant stand dumbstep its :poop:

I agree that dubstep sucks. The erratic beat and rhythm ruins it.

To each their own... I dont like trance because its too boring for me. I like a lot of EDM, but trance doesnt do it for me.

Dubstep is not music.  It is random noises.  Seriously my washer can make it.   :rofl:

If youre washer can do it, maybe you should record it and market it. Then you would be a millionaire. Takes more talent then you care to give it credit for ^_^

Its not the end-all-be-all of music, but its funny that everyone hates on it because "its the cool thing" these days. 

• Like 2