POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If only they had microscopic pics of the windshield molding and horn button then I'd be willing to pay  the $20k  up front, no questions asked !

$T2eC16VHJIYFHNdmSYJUBSK!UGLlsw~~_4.JPG$T2eC16NHJGwFFZOo0c9YBSK!WVzyDg~~_4.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-1972-datsun-240-z-2-door-coupe-stock-30803-/131009039464?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e80bf4c68&vxp=mtr#ht_32113wt_1167

:devil:  :sneaky:  :rofl:

If you thought that 2+2s didn't have any leg room, think again. Seriously where do their legs go!? :frantics:

• Like 1

That Z car says "original black interior"... looks pretty red to me.  It also insinuates the paint is original, but I see obvious signs it's a poorly done respray.  I'd like to slap the person that wrote that ad. 

You mean like where the engine bay isnt the same color as the rest of the car which isnt the same color as the taillight panel in the first couple of pictures which isnt the same color as the taillight panel in the last couple of picture? :confused:

Edit: Here is an email I got from the seller once I questioned they ad...

Hello,

The dash is black and the rest of the interior is red. The car was not originally red and that is why the engine bay is a different color. The taillight panel was repainted after the initial pictures were taken and they is why it shows up as two colors. You can see all the proper pictures and a video on our website listed below. 

http://www.specialtysales.com/car.php?carnum=4225

This must be someone's on here?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4124585222.html

00o0o_7uT4sE5CaPW_600x450.jpg

----------------

That Z car up there is cracking me up. It started making me laugh with the title of the CL ad "240z 2dr coupe". Now you see, if it were the über rare 4dr 240z sedan it'd be 20k all day long.

They are hurting their reputation with that car. If I was in there shopping and saw that orange peeled, AT, monochormed, monster POS for $16-20k I'd go ahead and walk away no matter what car I was shopping for.

• Like 2

I got my green '73 620 in Medford! There must have been a champion salesman at the Datsun dealer that year. Or maybe Datsun was the only 4cyl pickup at any dealer around there during the gas crunch?

Probably just people with really good mini truck taste living down there.

Tube framed 510.  Could be really sweet or really bad, depending on the quality of the work done:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/4122070616.html

I had a lot of contact with the seller and the fabricator, some time back.  They do $50K+ builds that end up in magazines, so the quality is excellent.  However, it will take another $10K in fabrication to finish it, minimum, because it isn't that far along and has sat many years; though if you weld, you can finish it yourself as a project, as all the hardest parts are done.  Intent was a 2JZ-GTE track car, then a partner backed out, expensive parts went elsewhere, car sat a long time, health issues came up, etc. 

This would be a great car to finish if you can do your own welding work, and want a JZ-series, perhaps UZ-series, Toyota engine (many engines to choose from to use the mounts already included, but very little additional work if you want to switch it to another engine)  I'd love to see this thing get finished.

I gave that car serious consideration early in the year, and the owner and fabrication shop are totally good guys.  But in the end, it is just too expensive a project for me since I do not weld, particularly because there's just so much left to be done.  However, that which has been finished is all top-notch.  As I understand it, you need not be a top-notch welder to finish it because the hardest parts are already done correctly, but there is just a huge amount left to finish it.

(I forwarded this car to this thread back around January when I decided not to buy it, but figured it to be an honest deal)

[not mine, no affiliation, never met the guy in person, etc - contact the seller, not me]

Not on craigslist, but a guy down the road has this '79 with a California stepside. Kinda rough; but he says it runs but the carb is bad. When I looked at it there was 3"of water on the floor. He paid $400 so he wants $400 back.

Luis@425-280-7845

29w4thh.jpg

2qwl92a.jpg

jl4bjm.jpg

w1px7k.jpg

hsno2a.jpg

2elr3gj.jpg

n4tphj.jpg

2mqvqet.jpg

and the spider that tried to eat me.....

20tlafd.jpg

• Like 1

$10k? Fuck that...

Definitely hell no who ever is dumb enough to pay that money, I think maximas are cool but not worth anywhere near that. If he wants that much for a maxima then I should ask $18.5 for my 810 lol. Maybe like 5-10 years from now if they become popular.

1979 620 KC

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4115665867.html

01717_8c1G9qla8PV_600x450.jpg

Tach, discs, new paint,, trash in the bed, beads and hats all over the interior, datsun emblem in the wrong spot on the grill...

Anyway, I'm always surprised by the minimal amount of effort people put into selling something and still ask kinda top dollar.