R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER

Jeff Hanneman of Slayer passed away from liver failure today in Ca., he was 49.

I remember seeing Slayer at Milwaukee, Wisconsin's York (?) Ballroom in 1986 on their "Reign In Blood" tour.

They were f***ing mighty.

I don't listen to too much metal anymore but "Reign In Blood" and "South of Heaven" are true metal classics.

Thanks for the bitchin' music bro'!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya big los for the metal community. They say they go in 3's, this guy from deftones just passed now Jeff I wonder who the 3rd will be. 

As a fan it was getting hard to ignore how shitty he looked. What was he 49? He looked 79 easily. He probably lived enough for 100 though lol, coke off strippere asses and the like lol... RIP

Ya big los for the metal community. They say they go in 3's, this guy from deftones just passed now Jeff I wonder who the 3rd will be. 

Biggest loss since DIO in my opinion. This guy was great. 

• Like 1

One of the few older metal bands that I actually like... sucks to see him go. Hopefully theyll decide to carry on sometime in the future. 

Kerry King had already moved on without him or Lombardo. Tom Araya isn't too far behind in getting the boot over his neck and back issues and then it'll be the Kerry King show. No thanks :hmm:

• Like 1

Today's SLAYER day in honor of Jeff Hanneman. R.I.P. They are all I have been listening to since last night.

321474_10201259218705517_1188527675_n.jp

And yeah, Kerry King is an asshole. Tom Araya just lets him run the band.  And the whole way they treated Jeff the past two years, on top of the way they have treated Dave Lombardo in the past, I won't be buying anymore Slayer albums!

Saw them in 84  and it was the last time I ever entered a Mosh Pit. Then I saw them recently as kind of a....(oh yea these old farts should be funny) But Holy Crap they were brutally heavy and played like they were 20. The place was one notch away from becoming an all out Riot.

Sad Day for Metal :-(